• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone feel like a project?

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Could you afford to fly it? With the fuel burn, hourly maintenance costs, and hangar fees.... I'm thinking a T-28 would cost you a couple hundred dollars an hour, and thats not inluding buying it. Not to mention insurance, which unless you went to flight school with a buttload of prior hours, is probably going to be through the rough. Heres a good website that gives a good break down for what it actually costs to own several different types of aircraft www.planequest.com

Could you afford to fly it? With the fuel burn, hourly maintenance costs, and hangar fees.... I'm thinking a T-28 would cost you a couple hundred dollars an hour, and thats not inluding buying it. Not to mention insurance, which unless you went to flight school with a buttload of prior hours, is probably going to be through the rough. Heres a good website that gives a good break down for what it actually costs to own several different types of aircraft www.planequest.com

Short answer YES.

Looked at your link and oddly enough they don't seem to have numbers on there for an A-7 :D

What I am interested in if someone on here knows is how much work is left, I know I need an ATF waiver for an ejection seat, as well for them and DOD/DOJ I need to have all weapon release systems including computers removed, this can be gotten around by hard welding fuel tanks onto the hard points (if they have them, photo shows none but says has parts not on a/c) but how much work is actually left to put the plane to flyable condition? Rough estimates would be fine, as site unseen it is hard to say 100%

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If you bring that A-7 back to OR I will donate myself to the project.....at least until 22MAR08 :)

I've got an email into the guy trying to get a little more specifics about it and what are the parts that he doesn't have in the photo's/description etc...

The tricky part I think it going to be getting it up here without spending another 50K moving it.

I talked to the guy I know down at Evergreen and they said I can park it there as long as they can have the 2nd non-flyable jet to use for a museam piece.

My post was meant for scoober. It just seems that going in on the cheap to buy an airplane (T-28) that is going to be uber expensive to fly doesn't seem very realistic on a JO's salary.

Ahh... understand didn't mean to sound rude ;)

I am just really intersted in this since the price seems unbeivable and you get two a/c and parts on top of it and one of them is nearly complete with an engine.

Just trying to make sure I don't get two pieces of shit that are gonna take forever to fix

As HAL is so famous for saying, "if it looks to good it has to be a hoax".

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its so easy...as the ad said...just needs a little "going through the systems" and you're set to fly.

Sounds like a simple project for a couple of weekends with my 8 year old son.

I keed. :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I believe if I were to "resurrect" a Navy airplane and do it realistically --- considering training, maintenance, parts, fuel, insurance, the FAA, etc., etc. ...

I'd go with a Stearman or SNJ ... Navy colors circa 1940's ... and more realistic for my pocketbook.

A jet?? No way ... unless it was an A-4 or I had more money than brains. The Skyhawk -- that's actually somewhat "realistic" ...

MasterBates

A4s-

The scooter realistic in that it would be "cheap" to operate as jets go? That, and there are commercial operators of them out there (parts support?)

Just curious.. I can't swing a Powered Parachute right now.. But when my stupidity tax payments end, that's plenty of money to invest so I can buy a plane in the future!