• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone feel like a project?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I tried to resurrect the Trojan thread with A4's stories in it...but found it locked. In any case...who feels like a project? At that price, you have to wonder if its just falling apart...but if its not...:icon_zbee

http://www.tradeaplane.com/classified/search?browse=single&usealttemplate=1&adnum=774630

T28LowLevel.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

FastMover

NFO
None
How about this honey I came across on eBay this morning. Looks like it would cost quite a bit more to restore though. Hopefully someone with a lot more $$$ than me will restore it to flying status someday. It would make a great addition to a USN Heritage Flight.

As a side note, it seems kind of odd that eBay won't allow the sale of firearms and parts but they will let someone list an ATTACK aircraft.

d7a4_12.JPG

How about this honey I came across on eBay this morning. Looks like it would cost quite a bit more to restore though. Hopefully someone with a lot more $$$ than me will restore it to flying status someday. It would make a great addition to a USN Heritage Flight.

As a side note, it seems kind of odd that eBay won't allow the sale of firearms and parts but they will let someone list an ATTACK aircraft.

d7a4_12.JPG

What is the listing # on that one?
That is an F-8 right?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
http://www.chicochamber.com/documents/2007AirFest/ChuckWahl_Best_of_Show.pdf

Story of a T-28 restoration...not bad reading...I can't imagine the satisfaction of putting a piece of aviation history like that back together, and then going flying in it. I have to think as a soon to be aviator, there are probably not a whole lot of better experiences.

What is the listing # on that one?
That is an F-8 right?

You didn't even know what it was...but you want it?:confused:

Some of you navy guys give me an idea of how much work is left on this, I am looking for a project and have the room to store it.

For 25K, it very much interest me.

Chance Vought A-7 Corsair II is a complete airframe that has never been de-milled and has nearly all of it’s systems intact. The aircraft has no damage and some work has been completed.
The wing is mostly complete. There is a small amount of repair needed to some fiberglass fairing due to hanger rash. The wing center section has all hyd. Electrical, pressurization and HVAC systems installed. The wing is missing leading edge flaps and trailing edge flaps which have been sourced and available in the open market. The tail section is complete with all control surfaces actuators and systems, panels, tail cone, doors and fairings. There is no damage.
The fuselage is complete with all doors and panels canopy (that is in very good condition. Front glass is good. Fuselage compartments are complete in process of removing military radio gear and painting compartments. A/c and pressurization systems are complete. Hydraulic systems are complete. Automation flight control systems as well as fuel systems are complete. The engine bay has been stripped and repainted in primer ready for installation of misc systems. The intake leading edge and duct are very clean with no damage.

The engine bay is complete and has been stripped and painted with epoxy primer. All cock engine controls are complete to engine bay.

The project includes a second airframe. This airframe is de-milled at the wing root otherwise uncut. The systems in the aircraft are over 90% complete. Installed in this airframe is a TF-30 engine. The engine is missing only the CSD and tailpipe (which are the only items that can be removed with the engine still installed), all other QEC components are installed on the engine.

Summary: This is an excellent project requiring no major efforts other than going through each system to return to service. There are no A-7 project available that could be returned to service for civilian use, making this a very rare aircraft. Possibly the only one that will ever fly in civilian hands. Parts are readily available for the aircraft.

Planes are located in Arizon and will require 3 transport trucks as well as a U haul for the parts that are not on the aircraft.

You didn't even know what it was...but you want it?:confused:

To be fair in it's condition and even in 100% condition from the angle of the photo the shortness of the A-7 vs the F-8 is not very apparent and they do look alot alike, it look in the photo like the wing was raised just a bit which made me think it was the F-8 when actually my first thought was the A-7

FastMover

NFO
None
I see it now,

Hey I was close what do you expect for an AF guy :D

The Air Force used the SLUF as well (you probably already knew that). IIRC, USAF A-7s flew the last strike sorties of the Vietmam war.

a-7-00000001.jpg

Also, the A-7 did carry a gun. The A and B models used Colt 20mm cannons and the E model had the M-61.

That's a great F-8 pic, BTW!!