• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone ever heard of a wardroom flag or a "green jacket"?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
So I got a request from our skipper to procure a wardroom flag and a green jacket. Skipper is a former P-3 NFO and I figured someone here may know about these two items. Can anyone shed some light on these traditions? Thanks!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
The wardroom flag is probably a flag with your squadron insignia on it. You'll hang it up during squadron events and in the Ready Room on the boat. You can find a local company that makes flags pretty easily.

Having done this, get an idea of your budget from the front office, custom flags are expensive.

As for the green jacket, does he mean the nomex green flight jacket? Is so, talk to you squadron MCO, he can probably order one for the Skipper.

Good luck!

FMRAM

Thanks helolumpy. About the green jacket...that's what I had thought he ment was the green nomex jacket, but he had specifically mentioned it in the context of something like a dunce cap. He said to hand it out at the next AOM to "the biggest goof-off".

FMRAM

Sapper! said:
Green jacket is the casing of the colors. Long slender bag that is seamed up one side and curves to a point usually. When formal ceremonies are done you case or uncase the colors. I'll try to find the NSN real quick

Do you think that is what he's talking about based on the context?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Sapper! said:
Green jacket is the casing of the colors. Long slender bag that is seamed up one side and curves to a point usually. When formal ceremonies are done you case or uncase the colors. I'll try to find the NSN real quick

Learned something new today... Thanks!

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
Do you think that is what he's talking about based on the context?

Absolutely not!

A green jacket is an ugly-ass jacket that is presented to the most jacked-up guy (usually DH) in the wardroom. Think of those nasty gold jackets that certain realtors wear. IIRC, each person that gets the jacket decorates it somehow. I haven't seen one in about a decade, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

FMRAM

Absolutely not!

A green jacket is an ugly-ass jacket that is presented to the most jacked-up guy (usually DH) in the wardroom. Think of those nasty gold jackets that certain realtors wear. IIRC, each person that gets the jacket decorates it somehow. I haven't seen one in about a decade, so my memory is a little fuzzy.

So like this guy then? How long does the individual wear the jacket? Do the sign it with a sharpie? Thanks Machine.

3707435221_f3aa0b9fe6_z.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
My P-3 squadron had a fugly burgundy jacket that had all sorts of miscellaneous trinkets and other debris that got pinned to it over the years.