• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else reporting in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farva1

F#@kin "A" Bubba !
pilot
Me and 6 other mids/oc's from my college got selected for SNA and we're all reporting on June 4th in sunny Pcola. Just curious if that's happening at most of the ROTC units. So much for being stashed here for a couple of months like so many in the past.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
a buddy of mine that's graduating in May reports in June. He's designated SNFO. I guess no one is being held over?!?!

rjack14

F/A-18F WSO (FRS)
None
I am at the academy, and going in June. But only some of us are going right away. The rest come for their classes. That just might be the date you got, I have a friend in ROTC that isn't coming till Oct.

trvsmrtn

pilot
We had several ordered to report the first week of July, but now we're all being changed to report the first week of August. By the way, how about that 140 days of API? I guess they're approximating 14 weeks waiting to class up.

CUNavy1

pilot
Myself and the rest of the SNAs at my school are arriving in early Aug. The SNFOs arrive in June. Don't tell me the wait is that long to class up at API?

kray1395

Don't freak out. I'm as excited about getting ready to fly as the next person but listen to me, a few weeks or even months of life in Pensacola as an Ensign with little or no responsibility is going to rock! Especially in the summer. Flight school will hit us all soon enough and although the free time will still be there, being able to plan things easily will not. I would seriously take the time you have to meet the guys and gals who are going to be some of the best friends you will ever have. Build those relationships during your stash time. Cook out, go to the beach, have some beers. Those friends are going to help you through the rest of your career. I'm wrapping up a year up here in Dayton, OH at the Air Force Institute of Technology with 10 other Ensigns who will be getting down there the first week of July. We have become a really tight knit group and I know with all of their help, flight school is going to be that much easier. Just some food for thought. See ya in sunny Florida bro!

notyco

Me and 2 other guys from purdue are coming June 4th. The rest are reporting later. Does anybody know if you don't have to do IFS if you will class up for API sooner than those that have to do IFS?

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
A little off topic...

First off, congratulations to you who made it to SNA/NFO. I was hoping to get some stats from you guys/gals who made it this year. GPA, ASTB, blah blah. I am a 2/C with prior service and I was wanting to see how competitive I may be for next year. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Mike

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
I'm reporting on 04JUN also. The wait won't be that bad with the beach so close. I'm from Pensacola originally so it kinda sucks but it will be cool to be back as an SNFO.

As far as the Academy guys, does anyone know if MIDN Walinski got SNA? We were on 1/C cruise last summer.

bulldozer3

pilot
I'm reporting the 18th of June, only one from Virginia Tech. There are 5 reporting 4 June, and a couple 4 AUG... one guy not till December :eek:

Have the ones going this summer figured out the whole housing situation in regards to the BOQ? last I heard we dont live on base...
We just locked up a house a mile and a half from the base, but haven't signed the lease yet. Its a 4-bedroom, but theres 3 of us so far. If someone coming down in June needs a room send me a message or reply. its 2500 sq ft, brand new.

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
Hey Dozer, I might be interested. What's the details, rent, location, ect. I put 100 down on an apartment already but it's half and hour from base.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
yup, June 4 here as well. ISO, too. Have any of you other ISO people heard anything as to what we're doing, or are we just going to get briefed on all this next Friday?

bulldozer3

pilot
FSUMIDN-
we actually just got screwed by the owner of the house. We had our money and paperwork into the relator, then they called the owner to get their approval i guess, and found out the guy had already rented it out without telling the relator....nice huh. But we were able to find another place, and a guy from our unit wanted the extra room. Its on the southwest side of the base, next to the "big lagoon"...whatever that is. Theres a bunch of good places available in that area if your still looking. We used www.exitpensacola.com, and in addition to their houses, you can hit "search MLS", and it will look for all rental places in the area, regardless of what company. We have been working with Susan Gordan, shes good about knowing what SNA's have going on and such.

Farva1

F#@kin "A" Bubba !
pilot
purdueflyguy said:
Me and 2 other guys from purdue are coming June 4th. The rest are reporting later. Does anybody know if you don't have to do IFS if you will class up for API sooner than those that have to do IFS?

I'm kind of curious about this too. Anyone got an answer? ................................Bueller?................ Bueller?

Status
Not open for further replies.