• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone else have ASOSH discrepancies?

snake020

Contributor
I should have 17 years but am showing 14 because:

1. There is a gap between 11-2017 and 12-2018 from IRR to SELRES transition which PERS characterized as USNR-S2 and not eligible for credit, and
2. My MOB which crossed anniversary years into mid 2021 is all stacked as 711 days of active service in 2020.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 10.41.32 pm.png

On the former, after fighting with PERS for a year I submitted a request to BCNR for action. BCNR contacted PERS who then agreed to change the record:

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 10.44.12 pm.png

They claim this was done two years ago, but clearly it wasn't. I put in a ticket with MNCC a couple months ago and am still awaiting action. When I requested a follow up, they said the issue "is currently with PERS-912... I am not able to provide you with a turn around time however I can assure you the department is working hard to resolve this issue for you."

Anyone else having discrepancies with ASOSH that aren't being fixed at all? I've still got a couple more years before I'm eligible to request retirement, but this has been an ongoing mess for years now. Anyone have some advice on how to get this addressed outside of nuclear options?

Mos

None
I've been asking for ASOSH corrections for two years. No movement. In my case, they credited an entire year of active duty when it was just a three month MOB. Sounds like a good thing but I don't want to get screwed later.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm sorry I don't have much to add other than we had two or three guys with ASOSH issues that got corrected because one of the folks at the Norfolk NOSC knew who to email at PERS to get it done. If you hadn't tried with your NOSC yet I would, other than that maybe start emailing folks at PERS until you get an answer? I agree on the phone option, last time I tried that I ended up getting the switchboard operator (they actually had one) who got as frustrated as I was trying to get a hold of someone.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Dude, that's just the MNCC number, and that route has already been tried.

I would give one more call to MNCC and have them follow up with you.

If nothing happens in a few weeks... sure, go the "Snake" method (write a Congressman). Not trying to be funny, but it appears to have worked with you in the past.

snake020

Contributor
I'm sorry I don't have much to add other than we had two or three guys with ASOSH issues that got corrected because one of the folks at the Norfolk NOSC knew who to email at PERS to get it done. If you hadn't tried with your NOSC yet I would, other than that maybe start emailing folks at PERS until you get an answer? I agree on the phone option, last time I tried that I ended up getting the switchboard operator (they actually had one) who got as frustrated as I was trying to get a hold of someone.

Which folks? Every link I can find directs to MNCC point of contact, unlike years ago where they listed contacts for different codes.

snake020

Contributor
I would give one more call to MNCC and have them follow up with you.

If nothing happens in a few weeks... sure, go the "Snake" method (write a Congressman). Not trying to be funny, but it appears to have worked with you in the past.

I'll give them another ring / third chance to be fair.

I'm not trying to be that guy, and I get there are resource constraints, but why is it so hard for anyone to do their basic job? The last two IGs I made were for MEPS sitting on paperwork for almost a year (which helped create this problem) and TPC refusing to reply to requests for nine months to correct clear errors in my DD-214.

And saying you actioned something when you clearly didn't cannot be excused by resource constraints.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'll give them another ring / third chance to be fair.

I'm not trying to be that guy, and I get there are resource constraints, but why is it so hard for anyone to do their basic job? The last two IGs I made were for MEPS sitting on paperwork for almost a year (which helped create this problem) and TPC refusing to reply to requests for nine months to correct clear errors in my DD-214.

And saying you actioned something when you clearly didn't cannot be excused by resource constraints.

GS-5s in Millington will do that for you. Those who are "smart" enough to play the game and sneak through the mins.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let me dive into my email when I get a chance . . . I had a minor glitch where my JPME points didn't show up, but I can't remember what PERS code I emailed.

speeddypat

None
Not sure this will help but this is the response we got back from MNCC when trying to update ASOSH for a few of our members:

Where should I submit documentation for correcting reserve retirement points?
Less than 12 months old: The member’s Navy Reserve Activity (NRA) will submit their points information through NSIPS. It will take approximately 60 days for the points edits to show online once submitted.

More than 12 months old or IRR Sailor: Documentation (muster report, orders including pay voucher, endorsed orders with reporting and detaching dates, History of Assignments (NAVPERS 1070/605, DD-214, etc.) must be submitted to Navy Personnel Command (PERS-912) for input. Submit supporting documentation by fax or mail:

Navy Personnel Command (PERS-912)
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055

Fax: (901) 874-7044
For faster service please include DoD ID number (if known, or full SSN) with all correspondence.

Not sure why fax is still a thing but hope it helps!