• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone currently in Supply School in RI?

NavyNukeNFO

FY09 NFO Selectee...turned FY12 CHOP
I just wanted to see if there is anyone that is currently going through the school. I start next week and was looking for any pointers before I begin. Any information is always welcome. Thanks in advance!

Chop83

I'm not actually in class right now but I was in the first class to graduate from Newport back in June 2011. My best word of advice would be to enjoy your time there. Get to know the people in your class as they will be a great resource once you hit the fleet. The staff is cool and your instructors will make sure that you are ready for the exams. Make sure and give Mr. Grisham a hard time! Feel free to let me now if you have any other questions.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Have fun up there. I'm nearly done with instrument ground school. Off to the sims next week and flights shortly afterward. Hope you're doing well buddy!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Flights? What are those? I think they exist on the other side of the weather...kind of like Oz.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
(crazy redneck voice). 'shoot man, we don't need no sunshine, we fly right though dem clouds!'

NavyNukeNFO

Have fun up there. I'm nearly done with instrument ground school. Off to the sims next week and flights shortly afterward. Hope you're doing well buddy!

Hey man, thanks for the info. You are pretty spot on, def a good time here and not hard at all. The instructors make it pretty hard to fail a test.

What ship did you select out of school and how is it going for you? My whole class...including me....are wanting carriers...

NavyNukeNFO

I'm not actually in class right now but I was in the first class to graduate from Newport back in June 2011. My best word of advice would be to enjoy your time there. Get to know the people in your class as they will be a great resource once you hit the fleet. The staff is cool and your instructors will make sure that you are ready for the exams. Make sure and give Mr. Grisham a hard time! Feel free to let me now if you have any other questions.

Hey man, thanks for the info. You are pretty spot on, def a good time here and not hard at all. The instructors make it pretty hard to fail a test.

What ship did you select out of school and how is it going for you? My whole class...including me....are wanting carriers...

BackOrdered

Contributor
Doesnt look like you are even at OCS yet.....pretty sure that would make it hard to have experience proving Carriers are the way to go....maybe I am wrong?

Because he heard like so many others that carriers are the path of "modest" resistance with challenging primary billets such as Hospitality Officer and zero watch standing or bridge time...

Seriously the school house should offer an incentive bonus for all other platforms. But from what I've seen, the carrier divos are relatively clueless compared to the small boy and sub JOs come time for that department head second operational tour.

NavyNukeNFO

Because he heard like so many others that carriers are the path of "modest" resistance with challenging primary billets such as Hospitality Officer and zero watch standing or bridge time...

Seriously the school house should offer an incentive bonus for all other platforms. But from what I've seen, the carrier divos are relatively clueless compared to the small boy and sub JOs come time for that department head second operational tour.

Yeah I decided to go Subs....now I just have to get Independent rated and go to Sub School and Dept Head school....then I will finally get to do something in the real Navy again :)

BackOrdered

Contributor
Yeah I decided to go Subs....now I just have to get Independent rated and go to Sub School and Dept Head school....then I will finally get to do something in the real Navy again :)

Hooyah for hard charging it!!! If I could go back, I would have went sub vice CRUDES. The chances of going carrier afterwards and triple qualifying is pretty high, too. After subs, if you can go aviation shore after or before a surface tour you will achieve the same feat also. Just watch out for tour length. It takes a long time to get relieved off those things.