• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone been stationed at Chinhae Naval Base??

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Looks like it might just be my one year unaccompanied tour. I've looked at their website and though there is plenty of info, not much in terms of pics.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Chinhae .... Looks like it might just be my one year unaccompanied tour. I've looked at their website and though there is plenty of info, not much in terms of pics.

Chinhae/Jinhae ... never been there; flew over it @ 100 times on the way to Seoul and/or Incheon (sic) and/or Osan and/or Kunsan .... Chinhae was Navy and we didn't go there for MAC charters.

Chinhae sucks ... but it's @ 7-8 hours to Seoul ... enjoy. :)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I would be the XO of the Military Sealift Command Korea but it might not even be at Chinhea...perhaps Pier 8, Busan. I can't find an address for the offices. Of course have no clue where I would live.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would be the XO of the Military Sealift Command Korea but it might not even be at Chinhea...perhaps Pier 8, Busan. I can't find an address for the offices. Of course have no clue where I would live.

I know several guys who have been there, they said it was one of the worst port calls they had ever done. And knowing several places they had been, that is saying something.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Who do they answer to ... ??? Who 'owns' Korea ... ??

I thought most MSCFE went through Singapore for 'command' responsibility ... ???

Suggest you 'swap' for a Singapore billet ... :D

OUT.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I've been to Pusan, pulled in there with the Connie in 99. Yeah, it was nasty. I hear Chinhea is not bad for a little base, some new facilities and what not. May not live there though. I really have no choice in this matter. I couldn't go to Iraq so I have fought to get a 1 year tour somewhere and this is the one that is needed right now.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Okay, I've been to fucking Pusan....that was not my question. Chinhea is my question. Chinhea and Pusan are not the same, one is a Naval base, the other a fucking city. However, where I'm going might be Pier 8 anyway.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Okay, I've been to fucking Pusan....that was not my question. Chinhea is my question. Chinhea and Pusan are not the same, one is a Naval base, the other a fucking city. However, where I'm going might be Pier 8 anyway.

I haven't been to Pusan but I hear it's pretty crappy. :D

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Why the frak are they sending a 1310 to fill what sounds like a SWO or chop billet? You are going to spend 6 months figuring out the job. I can't believe they will send you there but not fill an IA billet in Tampastan or Africacom. This is why the prospect of retirement is starting to scare me less and less.

As for Chinhea, no ideas. Done Pusan, done Korea, not my favorite place.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Why the frak are they sending a 1310 to fill what sounds like a SWO or chop billet? You are going to spend 6 months figuring out the job. I can't believe they will send you there but not fill an IA billet in Tampastan or Africacom. This is why the prospect of retirement is starting to scare me less and less.

As for Chinhea, no ideas. Done Pusan, done Korea, not my favorite place.

I've stopped trying to figure out how or why things are done. It's my understanding that this is a hardfill billet that needed a replacement by 1 May and due to GSA/IA billet priorities, the billet is left needing. The CO is an S-3 NFO btw. I'm just trying to find a 1 year unaccompanied so that I don't have to move my family and I get my follow-on orders. This is what they came up with.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I've stopped trying to figure out how or why things are done. It's my understanding that this is a hardfill billet that needed a replacement by 1 May and due to GSA/IA billet priorities, the billet is left needing. The CO is an S-3 NFO btw. I'm just trying to find a 1 year unaccompanied so that I don't have to move my family and I get my follow-on orders. This is what they came up with.

I'm currently deployed to Chinhae right now with the Seabees. MSC is based out of Busan (or Pusan, however the fuck you want to spell it), we don't see too much of the MSC guys out here.

That's funny that the backfill date is 1 May, because we just did a DMZ tour 16 May, and the MSC XO was up there taking the same tour...

As for who Chinhae Falls under, the base CO reports to CNFK, who in turn reports to USFK (a 4-star Army General who is responsible for all of Korea).

Any other questions, feel free to PM or post here.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm currently deployed to Chinhae right now with the Seabees. MSC is based out of Busan (or Pusan, however the fuck you want to spell it), we don't see too much of the MSC guys out here.

That's funny that the backfill date is 1 May, because we just did a DMZ tour 16 May, and the MSC XO was up there taking the same tour...

As for who Chinhae Falls under, the base CO reports to CNFK, who in turn reports to USFK (a 4-star Army General who is responsible for all of Korea).

Any other questions, feel free to PM or post here.

Crazy that the XO is there then. Maybe a 1 May for a turnover or it's all jacked up. My guess is the later. PM sent.