• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody in the NYC area (or near by?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Hey, just wondering if ther are people in the NYC area or near by who want to get together for PT? I'm appying out of the Manhattan OSO and we have a pretty regular PT schedule set for saturday mornings, although some of us meet during the week. If anybody wants to join us for PT drop me a PM and we'll set something up.

reapergm

Van Cortland Park in the Bronx. Any of you guys from Rockland, Westchester or Bergen, NJ.. its suprisingly close. Takes me 30 mins from Rockland NY. Good PFT course. Wildflying humbled me with this one.

dcnj

I am in Union County, NJ but would be interested. Who cares how long the drive is when you get to PT with your future Marine brethren? Let me know if/when you arrange anything either on here or PM me.

wildflyin69

Alright, we're looking at a 10 AM meeting at the park (to make the time reasonable for people who don't live as close as I do). Van Cortland Park is in the northern bronx, PM me if you are interested and we'll swap #'s and info.

reapergm

dcnj - Yeah man, make it up!! Its a really good run. It will work you hard. If you have boots, wear em. If you have the green officer candidate shirt, wear that too. Getting directions on mapquest is tough. Call me or Wildflying. I live on the NJ side of the Hudson, so I think I can help you get there. PM me your cell, Ill PM you mine. Sat 10am

dcnj

This all sounds great. I will check my busy schedule and see what I can come up with. Believe it or not, I actually work on Saturdays. However, I do get some Saturdays off sometimes, so I will see. I definitely would be interested. It is a lot easier to run faster when you have others to pace with. How many people usually turn out? What types of run times do you folks have? See you all soon and I will PM with when I can make it and other contact info.
dcnj

froghead1

This is a good idea. If anyone in the DC area wants to get together and PT, let me know. Im going through the Hyattsville, MD office, but live in DC.

wildflyin69

we've had up to 9 people, but most of those were from the 186 class so we're down to 3, need to rebuild our numbers :) . As far as my run time, it's a 19:50 for 3 miles, but on this PT course it's more to get used to running hills and doing all those other exercises (eg. push-ups) that many of us have been neglecting because we're so focused on the PFT. we've been doing the course in boots to get our feet used to it so it's not such a shock come October.

zuggerat

Im not going marines, i'm navy, but i dont care who i run with. In fact i'd probably benefit more from PTing with marines than fellow navy guys.

reapergm

Truth!! So come! My run is around 20. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I am hoping for less the next PFT.

PhoenixBU

I'm applying for 187 and live in Mamaroneck, that isn't too far from the Bronx, but I don't know that park. I think it is a great idea to PT together, so if you could drop me a message I would like to meet up with you guys next week.
Also, I have my flight eye check this Wednesday, my OSO hasn't mentioned anything else about a specific flight physical, is that all one in the same?

reapergm

Pheonix - Presumably the eye check is with the flight physical, but its a whole day ordeal. Ive never heard of having the eye exam separate. Thats kind of weird. Id double check with the OSO. Ill send you a PM about PT. We met yesterday at 10am, but next week we're shooting for 9.

PhoenixBU

Reaper...I spoke to my OSO office today, and they said the Eye Check is not the same as the flight physcial, and that they are trying to schedule it and when they do they will let me know. So that clears that up, thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.