• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody else miss ocs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJEXP

India Company, Booger Platoon
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I kinda miss it. It sucked coming back to the real world, and seeing how people act. It makes my blood boil seeing people do things that they would surely have killed us for. I miss that level of perfection that was expected of everybody and everything. Maybe that's just me...

Dustball

2nd LT
It will wear off. In a couple months you'll almost be a nasty civilian again. It takes a couple months and you will readjust. Just stay in shape and enjoy college and try not to do anything stupid. It will be over before you know it.

VAmookie

JJEXP: youve got some issues... yes thats just you. If you think the Marines are all about "perfection" you are wrong. People break the law, bend the rules, and cheat the system all the time, officer and enlisted. You are living in a kiss ass dream world.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really dude... drug use is frowned upon in the Marine Corps. Might want to lay off the rock.

BeanFighter

pilot
JJEXP,
It is good to get a reality check sometimes, but I see your point. OCS for me was 14 years ago and I still remember the high standards. The cool thing is YOU get to decide to continue to excell or to let the half empties drag you down. Your peers are right, there are all kinds of negatives in the real world and in the Corps. Remember that we are held to that higher standard, and we defend their right not to. Keep the faith!

Clux4

Banned
You sound like some kid that was at boot camp with me couple years back. He told the staff he did not want to leave and that he wanted to stay.

You will be shocked when you finally realize that the USMC is not perfect and never will. But we get the job done and that is all that matters.

:D you probably sing cadence to yourself in the shower.

usmcecho4

pilot
juniors seniors insane

You will find you are much more brainwashed after juniors than you will be after seniors. My thinking is that the age difference between when you go to juniors and when you go to seniors has a lot to do with this. According to my friends I was a real dick for like two weeks after juniors but no problem after seniors. Another factor might be the educate and motivate mission of juniors as opposed to the screen and evaluated mission of seniors. Anyway, don't break out the high horse just yet as you will most certainly be back to drinking, womanizing, and smoking in no time.

kill,
usmcecho4

d_bossart

JJEXP said:
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I kinda miss it. It sucked coming back to the real world, and seeing how people act. It makes my blood boil seeing people do things that they would surely have killed us for. I miss that level of perfection that was expected of everybody and everything. Maybe that's just me...

It's great that your motivated, you should be after juniors. The best thing to do is to use your motivation and distgust for "nasties" as fuel for preparing for seniors. Another words, PT and stay motivated! :icon_shoo

fantome7

JJEXP:

You're sick man, but like everyone else says, stay motivated man. In my humble opinion:Good initiative, bad judgment

cycl06

What i miss about OCS is the guys that were there because there was a lot of funny stuff that happened. And i understand about the nasty civilian thing, on my first day of class i was pissed at how slow people were leaving the classroom, but i've gotten over that. And I have to admit i'm still singing cadences to myself, but I hear that goes away after a month or 2. But in no way do I want to be at ocs right now, no women, no relaxing, and its kinda nice not being berated for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.