• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any word on Final Select letters?

latochamj

coach09
Hey, guys just asking if anyone has gotten their final select letters. I was approved in Feb09 but still haven't gotten my FSL and is almost Aug.

Matt

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
By "approved" do you mean that your recruiter called you and said you were selected?

If so, I wouldn't stress it. If he/she said you were selected, then you were selected :tongue2_1

JimD

Soon to be AMDO
Hey, guys just asking if anyone has gotten their final select letters. I was approved in Feb09 but still haven't gotten my FSL and is almost Aug.

Matt

Wow man. It's probably nice of you to not be bugging them.. :sleep_125

Personally I would be calling them up at least once a week asking what is up. :icon_rage

It's not unheard of for people to lose interest even after getting pro-rec. Perhaps since you are not riding them to get your package through for final select they thought you changed your mind. I think a phone call to remind them that you are still extremely motivated and are feeling a bit discouraged due to the lack of progress is in order.

Remember, your OR and the staff are there to be your gateway to the Navy, but don't expect them to pull you along. As you can see there are many people who contact these recruiters every day, and it might be easy to let a few people slip through the cracks from time to time. A respectful reminder every couple of weeks may be required.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I was informed that I was selected/pro-rec'd on MAR 2009 (board was in FEB 2009) and my letter was dated JUN 2009, which I did not receive until JUL 2009, via email.

Stay strong and hooyah to JimD in regard to not waiting around on a phone call.

latochamj

coach09
I've been all over them every single week....They are so sick of me calling I think they don't answer sometimes just to mess with me.....and they just keep telling me that its up to Tennessee when they send out the FSL. I'm just trying to see if anyone is going through the same thing. And if there is anything that someone might have heard about things being held up for some reason.

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
I was pro-rec'd back in February as well, although I actually found out in March since it was for supply. I have not received a FS yet either. I know for a fact they have screwed up my security clearance paperwork twice now, oh well, se la vee.:eek:

I started calling my OR every other week since the pro-rec. Since my paperwork started getting screwed up I have been contacting him more often, more on the scale of once or twice a week. I refuse to be that guy that calls every day or two, I have no interest in being a pain in the ass.

I think, fingers crossed, my security clearance investigation started last week. That was the impression I got from my OR. He seemed to think I would have a FS within a few weeks, been told that before though. Could that whole wait and see thing start AFTER I collect a few pay checks?

iroessle

know the feeling

I was notified of pro recd 02 Mar 2009 and I'm waiting as well. My recruiter mentioned that the final select letter are grouped on a monthly cycle from the 3rd of the month to the following 2nd of the next month,.and then processed in one batch. I don't know if this months letters are out. Seems like there is a trend out that people get the call at the end of the second full week of the month and the letter in the beginning of the third....but that's just my observation... we'll see.. that's like tomorrow or Friday if I'm right.

We'll see

DaveI

I would be extremely pro-active with your application, as someone else mentioned that your OR is not going to pull you along.

I call up weekly to ask what has happened and what is happening next, since being Pro-Rec'd in May.

There has been three occasions now where my signature pages did not send properly, and had I not been calling I would still be waiting for them to realize. Also, I hear that there have been some changes in the way they process security. My OR tells me that they would submit you for FS once your security file was received, just a few months back, however now you need to have the investigation completed and signed off on before being submitted for FS.

I am in the same waiting game, but does anyone know how long the security investigation usually takes to complete?

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I am in the same waiting game, but does anyone know how long the security investigation usually takes to complete?

As always that's a case by case question, depending on your past/foreign affiliation/etc. I had a security clearance prior to being selected so i'll assume that aided in my process time, but I went from pro-rec to sworn in after 1 month.

When is your OCS report date? I report the end of August and still have not received my official letter, but my OR told me that once they have issued a date the letter isn't a top priority, it gets there when it gets there. I should have mine I would assume by the first week in August as that is when I'm swearing in. So as long as you have a date still keep proactive, but don't stress it as much it will eventually come. Now if you don't have an OCS date that's completely different and I would definitely be on them like you have said you are.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I don't know about other BDCP guys, but I have 1.5 years until graduation and have not been given an OCS date (or nobody has told me at least). I've asked my processor at the NRD and he isn't sure either, so i'm guessing i'll just find out when it gets closer.

On another note, I never received any final select 'letter'. My recruiter just called me and told me I was good to go and I could swear in the following week.

latochamj

coach09
I had a clearance before too, and an interm TS clearance while on mission. I thought all you needed was TS for the program. But I'm going Crypto, so thats what i'm thinking is holding things up.

Ajleger

I don't know about other BDCP guys, but I have 1.5 years until graduation and have not been given an OCS date (or nobody has told me at least). I've asked my processor at the NRD and he isn't sure either, so i'm guessing i'll just find out when it gets closer.

Yeah I graduate in 3 weeks and don't have an OCS date yet.. I hope it comes sooner than later, because I don't mind too much sitting at home and getting paid, but Id rather get OCS over with.

cram88

BDCP Supply
wow guys. i was up for Feb 09 board, pro rec'd in March, FS in mid April, swore in 23 Apr 2009. Hmm..i have an awesome recruiter though. If you're around Jacksonville, FL, let me know. He does everything without question. He takes things personally, not just on a quantitative basis (if that makes sense)