• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any truth to this rumor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
A friend sent me this email,

"Make sure you start running and working out though, because apparently the new Navy CO is only giving us one shot at passing the API physical."

Guess I start running tomorrow.

vballindaytona

I will admit that there is lots of talk about the new CO for NASC. The word is he is strictly by the book, and doesn't take bull@$%t. The new word is after 3 pink sheets you are SERIOUSLY, if not automatic, facing attrition from the program. The PRT should be the least of your worries, that should be an "automatic non-pink sheet" event. We heard what you heard about the PRT also though, advice, don't be the first to find out. The API instructors aren't even allowed to wear flight suits anymore. Save yourself alot of stress and just bust your A** in API.
Jon

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Whoa, easy there big guy. I didn't pass the first time (whatever that little pre-PRT they give you before you start), but then it was about 28 degrees, blowing 20 knots, and on a cross-country course, instead of a paved course. And that's after having 3 consecutive Outstandings on my regular active duty PRTs I took. It's not always so cut and dry. Oh, and I don't think I attrited...or maybe they forgot to tell me.
icon_smile_wink.gif

jaerose

Yeah, some people have health issues at the time of a PRT that cause their score to be lower than what it usually is...and I've had that happen to me before, too (tonsillectomy and shinsplints). Maybe you should think a little bit before you start labeling people dirtbags because you might not have all the facts and doing so makes you look like a not so nice guy...to put it politely.

JR

Dave Shutter

The newer guys in Primary, fresh out of API, are all saying the same thing about the new sheriff in town down in P-cola. 3 strikes and you're out (3 pink sheets of any kind!) and the instructors are in khakis. I'm assuming that the OCS guys will be seperated from the Navy as well as the Primary and Advanced guys who attrite.

And two years ago they couldn't get enough SNA's for the FY! It's all about manning.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That pink sheet thing is good news. 1 pink sheet--you had a brain fart. 2--you have issues. 3--maybe you need to find a job without sharp objects, much less expensive machines with people and things that go "boom!" aboard. I'm tired of seeing SNAs with jackets like watermelons, all pink on the inside! However, with the new Air Force-inspired grading system, downs are a whole lot different that they used to be. They have lost a lot of their meaning.

Phrogs phorever

dufault.2

Hey phrogdriver-what do you mean when you say downs have lost their meaning? And what so you have to do to get a down, fly in a reckless manner? Just trying to scrape together all the info I can and hopefully aviod the watermelon syndrome. Thanks.

GO BUCKEYES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.