• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any opinion on my odds to stay the nervousness?

jmeff

What do you mean? If having a STEM or Business degree makes you more competitive than something else? If that's the question, then yes it does.

RUFiO181, thank you for the information, but what I meant was if you have two Supply candidates who are equal in other objective areas (OAR, GPA, Evals, etc.) but one has a STEM degree and the other has a Business (or similar) degree, is the board going to automatically choose the candidate with the Business degree?

I apologize if the way I phrased this initially was unclear.

Last edited:

jmeff

To clarify, I'm asking because the 2013 PA for Supply specifically mentions STEM degrees in addition to Business degrees.

exNavyOffRec

RUFiO181, thank you for the information, but what I meant was if you have two Supply candidates who are equal in other objective areas (OAR, GPA, Evals, etc.) but one has a STEM degree and the other has a Business (or similar) degree, is the board going to automatically choose the candidate with the Business degree?

I apologize if the way I phrased this initially was unclear.

It was that way years before the PA was updated.

jmeff

Also, while I am here I would like to ask another question and I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse. I know this was slightly addressed earlier but I would like some more information, if possible.

How much weight do evals hold? I know that NavyOffRec said earlier in this thread that a good GPA can be sunk by average evals, but what would be considered "average" and to what extent are they going to drag down the rest of the application? I am asking in the general sense but I obviously have an eye on my own application. I have two EPs and two MPs (most recent evals). Are they going to trash my 60 OAR and 3.8 GPA?

exNavyOffRec

Also, while I am here I would like to ask another question and I apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse. I know this was slightly addressed earlier but I would like some more information, if possible.

How much weight do evals hold? I know that NavyOffRec said earlier in this thread that a good GPA can be sunk by average evals, but what would be considered "average" and to what extent are they going to drag down the rest of the application? I am asking in the general sense but I obviously have an eye on my own application. I have two EPs and two MPs (most recent evals). Are they going to trash my 60 OAR and 3.8 GPA?

each board is different, one may view it one way and the other may not, if they were P's I would be more concerned.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None

Also take into account that these board members are generally department heads, XOs, and COs so they know exactly how the evaluation system works. I'm sure if they saw a "P" eval, they would immediately recognize if it was due to you being the FNG or because you weren't breaking out from your peers.