• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any news for NAS Pensacola??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Any idea what will happen to trainees who have orders to report in, say, late November? I REALLY don't want to see an ordmod come across traffic.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
The unconfirmed news is as follows: The higher-ups have decided that it's gonna cost too much (to the tune of $100 million) to fix up Pensacola in the near future for it to be operational. The OCS'ers there are all being sent in waves to Rhode Island, starting on tuesday, according to the rumor mill, but then again, other sources say OCS is staying in Pensacola. So who knows.

xof

All but the two most senior classes of OCS will be heading for Newport, R.I. The more senior guys will be commissioned near P-cola, but have the paperwork that goes along with the commission done at another navy base with functioning personnel deratment.

Anybody from A-pool heard anything official or semi-official about when to return to P-cola? I got a call saying Thursday morning, but I'm guessing that'll get moved.

xof out

F414Guy

RI would be a different experence for OCS I guess, in the middle of winter even! Waiting for information and decisions is like coming home from curise, hurry up and wait. P-cola was the hub of aviation training so there are thousands of people in boot and active that are going to be stuck just like the OCS guys. I'm not *****ing here because I know many lost everything including the CO of the base.

jano

Neocortex I can say the move to rhode island is pretty much confirmed. They have booked hotels for two nights for the drive up. I guess they are only allowed to drive a certain amount each day so they will be doing 3 driving days to get up there. I think they have been told they will be doing alot of set up for OCS in rhode island which makes me think they definitely plan on keeping it there for a while. What I really want to know is what they will be doing when they graduate. I have a feeling they are going to be sent back home to work out of the local recruiters office.

Wolfpack

I just spoke with my recruiter and another recruiter who I have gotten to know over the past year. Here's a combination of what they had to say. They person with the greater experience thinks that OCS dates will probably not be changed but where OCS takes place could change i.e. Rhode Island or other bases. I read on here that a couple of the current classes are finishing in Rhode Island. He thinks that due to the way OCS classes are staggered that our class dates would most likely not change because it would back up the process too much. So he thinks dates will stay the same but location could change. He thought my class (04 DEC) would be in Pensacola but of course this is not certain. My primary recruiter just transferred in so he has not been in this "world" as long. He has heard that it is possible that classes could be delayed. No idea how long but a guess of maybe 3-4 weeks. He has not received word of anything and will let me know when he does. I hope the more experienced colleague is correct. This sheds some light on the possibilities but I know it doesn't answer many questions.

thundersquid

pilot
We have been told to just stand by. Our class was told that the CO, XO, CDR XXXX, and MAJ XXXXXX were going to be making some kind of "decision" and we were supposed to hear about it yesterday (moday 20sept) by noon. In any case, we didn't get any word other than just stay where we are and don't come back yet.

I read in one of the articles that the CO of the base was going to keep the base closed a while (like 2 weeks).

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey,

Just got back to PCola. Was supposed to check in the Tues. of the hurricane (obviously that didn't happen). I spent a lovely week and a half in Tallahassee (boring as all hell). I'm in the Marines and what I've been told from others who were supposedly told from our CO, we are supposed to report back this coming Monday. I don't know if that's still gonna happen or if it also applies to the Navy guys as well but figured I'd post it here. Never knew it would be so much trouble just to start API (hehe).

-Spin

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
Spin said:
Hey,

Just got back to PCola. Was supposed to check in the Tues. of the hurricane (obviously that didn't happen). I spent a lovely week and a half in Tallahassee (boring as all hell).
-Spin

With all of the coeds at FSU and you call TLH boring? Just curious...

Status
Not open for further replies.