• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anti inflams

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I won't be able to make my 3 month appt. until 4 months out (at school), and was wondering how long your doctor had you putting in your anti inflammatorys / steroids.

Its been close to 3 months for me and I'm still putting them in 3x a day, is it really necessary to continue putting them in?

JohnnyUtah

100% Pure Adrenaline
3 months sounds like a long time. I only used them for about 2 weeks or so. Ask your doctor, but I think your eyes should have healed and you should be OK.

UMichfly

pilot
None
My doc (and a lot of the others I've read about on here) had me tapering back on the steroids for the first two months post-op. I would get in touch with your doctor ASAP if I were you to see if you misunderstood his post-op instructions because you're taking a ton of steroid drops for being 3 months out IMHO.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
3 mos. out all I was taking was motrin 2-3X daily.

Were you a high risk surgery? USNA roommate was, and he was on different eye drops until about 6 mos out.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Alright thanks for the advice, I'm going to stop taking them

I was -3.25 wasnt high risk and I think his favorite pharma company just had big titties

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
I would still check with your doc...this internet medicine thing scares me :)

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
my doc has me tapering back for about 4 months. I started at 4 times a day for a month, am now down to 3 times a day for a month and at my next checkup (in 2 weeks) im supposed to drop to 2 times a day, then 1 time the following month.

I wouldnt just quit the drops without consulting him first.

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
Wow 3-4 months!!! I used drops for about 3 weeks after surgery, but that was back in '02.
Sounds like you guys need to wean off more than just the eye drops... :D