• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Requriements!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOFX24

hey, i was wondering how the butt to knee length is measured. (is it from the hip bone to the bottom of the knee cap while standing up? or is it from the middle of your butt to the middle of your knee cap while standing up? or is it measured with you sitting down, from your back to the very end of your knee?)
similarly, how is the arm reach measurement made? (is it from your back to the tip of your fingers? or the middle of your shoulder blade to the tip of your fingers, etc.)
Thanks.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
I don't remember at all, but i do know that if you're worried, the recruiting oifficer has a sheet for you to look at. We mesaured in about 5 minutes. If there's nothing really abnormal about you, you really don't have to worry. To my understanding, its really not all that limiting unless something is just way out of proportion, or you're just really tall.

Clux4

Banned
Maybe a short hands long leg combination.
I heard of a female SNA that had problems with her hand reaching the cockpit controls on a Harrier. She was later sent back to learn to fly helos.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
look,
unless you're a freak or a midget, you are anthro-qualified to be a naval aviator. It's about that simple.

can we put that in the FAQ...that way, no more "is 6'1" too tall?" threads :icon_tong

/half joking

NOFX24

thanks

thanks a lot guys....i was just getting worried cuz i was too short...i guess i'll just ask my class advisor when i get back to school...peace

35_NSS

squeeze said:
look,
unless you're a freak or a midget, you are anthro-qualified to be a naval aviator. It's about that simple.

can we put that in the FAQ...that way, no more "is 6'1" too tall?" threads :icon_tong

/half joking

Yeah, thank god the navy doesn't have anthro-measurements for your waistline. Don't worry man your in the clear, keep on eatin squids.

Status
Not open for further replies.