• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another waiver question....

Michellle

I'm confused on the waiver process. I had a waiver sent up to the Air Force SG for a past UTI (did you know UTI is PDQ?!) It was approved.

Since I'm in Tricare already, the SG must have opened my records and sent an additional waiver approved for situational depression that I wasn't aware was in my medical records (went to Army FAP counseling for a domestic violence incident over 3 years ago) So when I went back to MEPS they didn't let me finish and asked for those documents on depression. My status and stamp on my record is still showing "medically qualified" but the CMO told me she needs documentation. The related documents I sent listed dates of my counseling appointments and problems discussed (ex. Abuse, family). MEPS sent back a note saying they need further documentation on those sessions.

My question is when I go up to MEPS a 3rd time, after submitting the detailed psychotherapy notes, can I still be DQ from service although the SG already sent in waivers? I'm under the impression the SG has the final say and the CMO just needs my paperwork to match up with the waiver. I'm hoping this is just a formality and I will finally be in DEP after this!

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm confused on the waiver process. I had a waiver sent up to the Air Force SG for a past UTI (did you know UTI is PDQ?!) It was approved.

Since I'm in Tricare already, the SG must have opened my records and sent an additional waiver approved for situational depression that I wasn't aware was in my medical records (went to Army FAP counseling for a domestic violence incident over 3 years ago) So when I went back to MEPS they didn't let me finish and asked for those documents on depression. My status and stamp on my record is still showing "medically qualified" but the CMO told me she needs documentation. The related documents I sent listed dates of my counseling appointments and problems discussed (ex. Abuse, family). MEPS sent back a note saying they need further documentation on those sessions.

My question is when I go up to MEPS a 3rd time, after submitting the detailed psychotherapy notes, can I still be DQ from service although the SG already sent in waivers? I'm under the impression the SG has the final say and the CMO just needs my paperwork to match up with the waiver. I'm hoping this is just a formality and I will finally be in DEP after this!

Are you applying for Air Force or Navy? Also, according to your profile it says your husband is active duty Army, is there any reason why you're going to MEPS instead of a military hospital? For all my applicants who's spouses were active duty, I'd simply give them a DD2807 + DD2808 and tell them to get a commissioning physical done at an MTF. One less thing to worry about.

Michellle

Are you applying for Air Force or Navy? Also, according to your profile it says your husband is active duty Army, is there any reason why you're going to MEPS instead of a military hospital? For all my applicants who's spouses were active duty, I'd simply give them a DD2807 + DD2808 and tell them to get a commissioning physical done at an MTF. One less thing to worry about.

I'm applying for AD Air Force. Just asking a basic question about waiver for enlistment at the moment.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm applying for AD Air Force. Just asking a basic question about waiver for enlistment at the moment.

This site is primarily navy and marine corps. Your best bet is to reach your recruiter and see what they have to say. AF standards are different than other branches.

Michellle

This site is primarily navy and marine corps. Your best bet is to reach your recruiter and see what they have to say. AF standards are different than other branches.

Oh ok. I guess I figured someone would know the answer to my question since all branches go through the same MEPS. Thanks anyway!

exNavyOffRec

Oh ok. I guess I figured someone would know the answer to my question since all branches go through the same MEPS. Thanks anyway!

yes they do go through the same MEPS but each service has different standards, and it can be a bit different if a person if going enlisted or officer.