• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another "praise the Raptor" article

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Wow. Never thought we'd see the day. I think it's a shame we're only gettin 183 of them... with all that money sunk into R&D, we might as well reap the rewards of our investment.

Well, the fighter mafia is not in charge anymore. Everyone kind of expected (as least I did) the AF to change it's tune somehow. This may only be the beginning; we'll see what happens.

Gen Schwartz is a Spec Ops type C-130 guy. http://www.af.mil/bios/bio.asp?bioID=7077

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
... with all that money sunk into R&D, we might as well reap the rewards of our investment.

Well, the technology has been created now, so hopefully it'll trickle into future aircraft/systems. Regardless, that still doesn't quite take the sting out of cost per aircraft of the -22.

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Stealth fighters against irregular armed forces with no radars. The F-22 program has never made sense to me.

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Stealth fighters against irregular armed forces with no radars. The F-22 program has never made sense to me.

Yeah, but they have 20 mm cannon! Fast reaction times! Stealth!

The argument counter to yours is that we're planning to fight the next war(s) with it, not this low-intensity stuff we've been dealing with for the past 15-20 years.

Well, the technology has been created now, so hopefully it'll trickle into future aircraft/systems...

But I want it NOW NOW NOW ME GENERATION INSTANT GRATIFICATION

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I'll see your J-52 and raise you another. Can you imagine loading an A-6 up with 26 500lb JDAMs?
It would be a piece of cake, system-wise and crew-wise to a large degree .... now throw in a tanker or two and you've got 24/7 bombs airborne AND available ... let's see ... 12-14 bombers/squadron ... 4 tankers .... mebbe pump it to 6 tankers ... :D

MasterBates

Is anyone else having problems with FF rendering smileys and such in low-res or is it just me?

Problem seems confined to AW and not the other forums I frequent.
/threadjack

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Work on your AOA approaches, then. :)

Yeah, the six I tried during PAs weren't the best, but I'm done w/ them for now. Now, if I could only finish forms . . . oh wait, not scheduled tomorrow . . .

Edit: Oh yeah, got a new patch for Fridays . . . .

Attachments

• patch.jpg
    patch.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 71