• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another nail in the coffin of Old-School Naval Avaition..

Pags

N/A
pilot
By the way does anyone know if the Navy is using the two-piece Dri-fire flight suit in any community?

I got one for the OT. I got the blouse a size too big and it always looked a bit silly. Also, I think we were issued winter weight ones vice summer weight ones, so there didn't seem to be much benefit in the blouse/trouser combo. The combat shirt/trouser combo was fantastic.

Lawman

None
You crap in it? Doesn't that stink up the cockpit? Wouldn't it be smarter to crap in your helmet bag?

My helmet bag is in the Aft Stowage Compartment about 20 feet behind me.

And never talk smack about somebody shitting themselves in an aircraft. Thats one of those "but before the grace of god go I" kinda deals.

bobbybrock

None
I got one for the OT. I got the blouse a size too big and it always looked a bit silly. Also, I think we were issued winter weight ones vice summer weight ones, so there didn't seem to be much benefit in the blouse/trouser combo. The combat shirt/trouser combo was fantastic.

Pags,
The combat shirt is nice, but the Army says it can only be worn with body armor. Is the Navy holding to that as well? Is the uniform multicam or is it one color?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Everyone in our Detachment has the DriFire 2 piece flight suits, along with the combat shirt. The common consensus is that they are much more comfortable than the standard flight suits. Especially in the summer. Also our regs state that the combat shirt will only be worn while involved in flight duties or supporting flight duties. But not to and from work, not to the commissary/exchange, etc.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
...Oh wait, I just checked in to the boat, so no flight suits for me for the next 2 years anyway :-(

When I got to the boat they were wearing flight suits only on Fridays. I got everyone together and said if we start wearing it everyday after about a week it will become the norm. That is excatly what happend. Having Brownshoes as the CO and XO helped.

I leave the boat Monday and can't get out of there fast enough. The XO (who is a Brownshoe) asked me if I even own the NWU's.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Pags,
The combat shirt is nice, but the Army says it can only be worn with body armor. Is the Navy holding to that as well? Is the uniform multicam or is it one color?

The flight clearance for the combat shirt that included rules for wear basically says what lowflier said: it's worn during flight ops. So, we'd wear it under our vests. I'd change in to it prior to walking to preflight/spin. I can't imagine wanting to wear it anywhere but the aircraft / flightline, as it looks a little goofy on it's own.

The combat shirts (I have both a drifire and massif, I can't remember which one the Navy settled on) and the two piece flightsuits are both khaki.

I don't see myself wearing the two piece around this summer, but I will probably use the combat shirt/trouser option. Of course I won't be able to wear it the year after since it's not a green flightsuit.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd wear the 2 piece if I had it while flying, would make peeing in the P-3 head a little easier.

Threadjack, if the P-8 does end up getting the standard airline toilet on it (currently up for debate last I've heard) I swear my first flight on that thing I will poop in it out of principle.

KBayDog

What? You mean girls poop?!?

Everyone%20Poops%20Book.jpg

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I'd wear the 2 piece if I had it while flying, would make peeing in the P-3 head a little easier.

Threadjack, if the P-8 does end up getting the standard airline toilet on it (currently up for debate last I've heard) I swear my first flight on that thing I will poop in it out of principle.

Sadly, I heard the ladies in Pax River have already beaten us to that particular "first.":icon_woma

But I'm all for flying in the 2-piece flight suit. And pretty happy about the other part of the navadmin that lets us wear the khaki overblouse.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It's going to have the toilet. I was able to tour T4 while they were working on it and the head is not far from the cockpit. The cockpit itself is very Gucci, but tiny compared to the P-3. I myself have used the P-3 toilet (bagged of course) while coming back from Japan. Oh man, sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
4500+ hours in P-3s and never a turd.......

But I drank many beers bought by those who did.