• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another moron caught selling military gear on Ebay

GroundPounder

Does this mean those claymore mines that I had the high bid on won't be coming?

All kidding aside, our EOD guys have spent a lot of time in the last few years recovering all types of muninitions ( ours, theirs and improvised ) from houses and apartments that have been recently vacated by service members. Either its getting easier to smuggle things back, or the guys are getting more creative.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
That is ridiculous! He will be going to jail for a long time. I bet that honorable goes to a dishonorable.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
That's an interesting question--can you change the discharge status after the fact?

I'd guess there's gotta be a way, like for people who get discharged for some crime they are later proven to be innocent of. Changing the dishonorable to an honorable. I seriously doubt it's set in stone.

Just a thinking man's guess though.

EDIT: Like so many things in the military, there's a form for it.

http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd0293.pdf

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
Since he enlisted in 2005 he's still in the IRR until 2013. So, still owned by the military. It shouldnt be that hard for them to change it on him, except to a dishonorable unless they court martial him (which shouldn't be that hard to arrange with him still in the IRR).

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
That is ridiculous! He will be going to jail for a long time. I bet that honorable goes to a dishonorable.

I think youre going a little too high and right. Knowing what I know about how Marines handle some of their gear, his story about where he got his stash is completely plausible. So is his story about why he didn't "turn it in." Unless he worked in the armory, all he had found in his mind is a box of that little shit that's always falling out of your NVG bag.

Show me that he had some sort of criminal intent when he was selling his junk. No reasonable person would knowingly sell "high tech" restricted weaponry on EBAY and not expect to get caught.

He's just a lackey without a damn clue. Even if you can show him to be a completely unscrupulous person attempting to aid organizations in the violent overthrow of our government he gets a BCD at worst.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I didn't read every line w/in this thread ... but: something 'ironic' I think most of you-all are missing ... :)

... @ 15 years ago, eBay STOPPED allowing the auction/sale of legal, legitimate guns/ammo/gun parts/magazines ... 'cause the items were determined to be 'evil' (in the eyes of management and w/ the concurrence of the wannabe GOV of CA, the totally PC Meg Whitman at the helm of eBay ... she was BIG buddies w/ Hillary and one might make the connect that this 'might' have influenced her ... :) ... do you think??? ) ... and so eBay and later PayPal went along. They used the excuse of 'liability', but with the benefit of many, many personal communications w/ management -- I was a collector and bought/sold many very fine pieces on eBay -- I can tell you, w/out a doubt ... it was a PC decision.

Believe it.

But now?? This shit get through ...

Ebay's bottom line: while you can't deal w/ legal, law-abiding U.S. citizens on eBay w/ ammo/firearms ... you CAN sell to foreign nationals in HK (ChiCom nowdays) and other disreputable parts of the world that would do us (U.S.) harm ... until you get caught/called out.

You just can't make this stuff up ...

jtmedli

pilot
I didn't read every line w/in this thread ... but: something 'ironic' I think most of you-all are missing ... :)

... @ 15 years ago, eBay STOPPED allowing the auction/sale of legal, legitimate guns/ammo/gun parts/magazines ... 'cause the items were determined to be 'evil' (in the eyes of management and w/ the concurrence of the wannabe GOV of CA, the totally PC Meg Whitman at the helm of eBay ... she was BIG buddies w/ Hillary and one might make the connect that this 'might' have influenced her ... :) ... do you think??? ) ... and so eBay and later PayPal went along. They used the excuse of 'liability', but with the benefit of many, many personal communications w/ management -- I was a collector and bought/sold many very fine pieces on eBay -- I can tell you, w/out a doubt ... it was a PC decision.

Believe it.

But now?? This shit get through ...

Ebay's bottom line: while you can't deal w/ legal, law-abiding U.S. citizens on eBay w/ ammo/firearms ... you CAN sell to foreign nationals in HK (ChiCom nowdays) and other disreputable parts of the world that would do us (U.S.) harm ... until you get caught/called out.

You just can't make this stuff up ...

You forgot to mention the part about her being the next Gov. of California. YAY for those guys..:crazy_125

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
You forgot to mention the part about her being the next Gov. of California. YAY for those guys..:crazy_125
Reading always helps.

But yes, anti-gun is not exactly disqualifying criteria for Republicans in California.