• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another check in the SWO box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, today was yet another duty day. However, I managed to get an oral board for my Officer of the Deck Inport qual. Usually, that's one of the first quals a newly assigned officer will get once he reports to his ship. But for me, I typically did shore patrol when we stopped in a liberty port while on deployment. So I never really had the chance to stand many OOD (inport) watches. And I sure wasn't going to be using one of my liberty days to do it. Those were to few and far between.

The last qualification I need before I can get my SWO pin is my Officer of the Deck Underway qual. That's the big one. Usually, an officer will have his SWO board about 2 to 3 weeks after he/she gets their OOD (underway) qual. The problem with that is that we will be in the yards till at least March. Soooo, I'll be waiting awhile before I'll get pinned. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to maximize my liberty.

On a side note, MCAS Miramar is having an airshow this weekend, so I will definately be going to that. The Blues will be there. I'm of the opinion though that it's not the Blues that make or break an airshow. It's the whole day's events. They'll either have a lot of good performances or they won't. I have a feeling that this one at Miramar will be a good one though, so I'm looking forward to it.

Well I'm off to enjoy some more of my duty day. Thank god for web access on the ship!

--Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.