• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I too fat right now for pilot?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Listen, ... I am not complaining... I like this place.
peacefingersou7.gif

Agreement is good. :)

Kumbaya.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
So you weighed in at API and got a pink sheet for being out of standards for the PRT, or what exactly was the pink sheet for? (if you don't mind me asking).

No, I received a pink sheet for being above the OPNAV allowed weight for aviators (235) and was told that if I didn't get below 235 by week 4 of API I would receive another pink sheet and be sent to a PRB. I am well within rope/choke standard for the PRT.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I was over 235 back in API.. This must be a fairly new thing.

Yeah, probably is. The guy who did the anthro measurements seemed pretty surprised about the whole thing when I told him about my situation and how I was going to have to come in every week to get weighed until I was under 235.

I lost about 8 lbs in one week, so it wasn't a problem. Healthy? No. But during the ass chewing I was told that it would be no problem for them to re-des me and send me to a ship if I really didn't want to be there. Kinda scared me a bit. Guess it worked.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I was over 235 back in API.. This must be a fairly new thing.

It is. It came out last year for all of CNATRA, including IPs. I've even posted about it before, but then all the TACAIR weenies want to tell me all you have to do is waive it. Um, no. But what would I know...

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Yep.. By the H/W charts I am usually 23% or so..

Rope-n-choke I can be anywhere from 18-26 depending on who does it.

I used to be the guy who did the measuring. I remember one guy who came to me wearing a girdle. NA or NFO...I can't remember. Made him take it off.....he asked me not to tell :)
Oh, he was within standards anyway.

His buddy was 36% bf, as I recall. Too bad, he was a good guy, just did not like life in the USN. Also the same guy who used his .gov credit card at one of those places near Carson City.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Gator, do you have a link for the above instruction? Its just retarded.

I don't. You've met me. I wasn't too worried about going against the instruction, so I got the email and then promptly deleted it. Sorry. It's probably buried on CNATRA's website of instructions somewhere.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I don't. You've met me. I wasn't too worried about going against the instruction, so I got the email and then promptly deleted it. Sorry. It's probably buried on CNATRA's website of instructions somewhere.

True. And I refuse to dig around CNATRA's website... tried it once, almost shot myself. I can't imagine a harder site to navigate. That, and the instruction doesn't apply to me at present...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
His buddy was 36% bf, as I recall. Too bad, he was a good guy, just did not like life in the USN. Also the same guy who used his .gov credit card at one of those places near Carson City.

Niiiiiiice. I guess if you're gonna get kicked out, go out Viking Funeral style. :icon_smil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Niiiiiiice. I guess if you're gonna get kicked out, go out Viking Funeral style. :icon_smil
Agree. If you're gonna go down, at least go down in a manner that makes sure they all remember you and will sing songs of your exploits around the campfire for eons to come.

No pussies allowed ....

"Do NOT go gentle into that good night ..... " :)