• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am i to old to fly? Some help

cameronm168

ok here we go.. ill try to get to everybody! i dont care about correct grammer on an internet post! also i do have a college degree.. and i also have my private pilots license already and fly on a regular basis. im not wanting to do it just because its "neeto". Im currently in the commercial real estate industry and have done quite well for myself but something is missing and personally i would like to server a larger purpose than lining my pockets. i have always been intrested in the aviation aspect of the military and as a career in general and have always let people talk me out of it. im not sure if i want to go active or reserve or who would be the best but i wouldnt be bothering researching the topic if i were not serious and did not at least have the knowledge on what can and is involved with being in the military... so any further help would be much appreciated!

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I wasn't going to say anything, but....
i dont care about correct grammer on an internet post!
Well we do, so if you want our help, please attempt to meet our standards.

i wouldnt be bothering researching the topic if i were not serious
You are not researching anything, you are asking us to do it for you. The answers to almost all of your questions have already been typed out here on AirWarriors. All you have to do is find them.

so any further help would be much appreciated!
We love to help people who help themselves.

abern1021

If your serious, contact your local armed forces recruiting office, and ask for a officer recruiter. What you find on the internet, and websites such as this is not completely accurate. Although internet research does serve as a good guide based on my experience. Good luck

flopper

i have always been intrested in the aviation aspect of the military and as a career in general and have always let people talk me out of it.

Why would you let someone talk you out of your life aspirations, especially to go into one of the most corrupt/unnecessary industries in existence?

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
ok here we go.. ill try to get to everybody! i dont care about correct grammer on an internet post! also i do have a college degree..

Obviously lacking in that attribute so necessary for a long and successful career in the field of "flying airplanes":

ATTENTION TO DETAIL! :eek:

torpedo0126

the oldest person entering flight training that I met was 29 w/ an age waiver.

the oldest NFO was 31.

Both of these gentlemen were prior enlisted

Looks like, unless the prior played a huge part in the waiver, you have a shot at NFO if you get on the ball.

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful
but i wouldnt be bothering researching the topic if i were not serious and did not at least have the knowledge on what can and is involved with being in the military... so any further help would be much appreciated!

The problem is you haven't researched anything. Plopping down onto an Internet message board and asking questions is NOT research. I went to Google and found the answer to your question in fewer than five seconds -- and I'm not an officer or an aviator. When I have a question, I check my resources first, and if I'm having trouble answering something specific or I'm just overwhelmed with options, I ask for guidance.

I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure being an officer entails exhausting all your resources before knocking on the Man's hatch. Changing your method of operation in that respect might be a good start. I dunno.