• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO GUN THREADS ??? ALERT !!! Gun Thread !!!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
After a long wait ..... I just got my Walther PPK/s, cal .380 today.... eat your heart out James Bond .... "new" S&W version .... longer grip tang and the hammer doesn't bite .... feeds FLAWLESSLY ......

It's been a long 8 years since I sold my last "real" Walther PPK --- when I shed my 1st wife ---- because it "bit" .... but, so did my ex-wife ..... :) .... everyone should own at least one Walther .... and an ex-wife ?????

Walther_PPKS_-_SS01.jpg

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
Sweet "little" piece there, A4s...I dig it. Very classy...like the kind of pistol you'd conceal in your choker whites...hehe

TheFlyingMNM

Only one ex-wife? Don't sell yourself short. :icon_wink But then again, I'm too young and single to know anything about marriage or have an ex-husband...life's too short!

On that note, what would you suggest for a young, innocent girl to start off with as far as guns go??? I've been dying to get into it but have no clue. I'll be in P'cola come September so if you know of any good ranges that'd be cool too. Thanks!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Boricua Eagle said:
......On that note, what would you suggest for a young, innocent girl to start off with as far as guns go???.......
Innocent? Last time I checked .... no one is "innocent" :) .... but to keep with the thread .... for a starter try a S&W 642 in .38 special .... conceals well and doesn't snag on ex-wives .... :)

642_large.jpg

TheFlyingMNM

Looks like a good start, and a sweet piece of metal - will it fit in my purse? :icon_wink haha No, I'll def check it out. Thanks!

Lawman

None
Kinda a mean bit of recoil to start her out with there A4, My hand goes numb after a box of ammo through the J-Frame Ive got.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lawman said:
Kinda a mean bit of recoil to start her out with there A4, My hand goes numb after a box of ammo through the J-Frame Ive got.

I thought (and still think) she wanted to know what "might" be a good firearm to carry :cool: for a "first" :cool: carry/concealable firearm ... we ain't talkin' .22's and baby steps here .... we're talkin' life-takers and heart-breakers .... I still subscribe to the S&W 642 for most people. It;s simple, clean, no-brainer, reliable, and potent. If it hurts your hand .... don't shoot 25 or 50 rounds through it ... :)

Good to see a "gun" thread got you back, Law-Dog ..... :)

Lawman

None
But...But...But.... how can you not shoot the whole box?

In other news (and as proof that no Im not afraid of recoil) I sold my FAL. Well actually it was a trade/sale. So now, I have an H&K91, its got a vicious recoil, but its an H&K..... One thing Ive gotta start doing is reloading, Ive been doing the math and .308 and .40 is killing my Beer and B@@Bs funding.

As for good carry gun, yeah I love my J-frame. And If I didnt have my P7 it would still be my primary summer carry gun. They just arent exactly the most fun thing in the world to shoot at the range.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lawman said:
......I sold my FAL.......So now, I have an H&K91, its got a vicious recoil, but its an H&K.....
That's the progression I went through several years ago ... I turned an Aussie L1A1 into an H&K-91 ... and then into cash as I sold the H&K as well during the Clinton gun-ban price inflation on "assault" rifles.

Lawman

None
I really dont think its any more or less fun to shoot. Its just.... prettier to me. Not to mention I like the trigger setup better (most people would hate an 11.5 lbs pull) it just seems to work better for me at long range shooting.

Now I need to find a .44 mag in stainless that I like..... This is never going to stop.

metro

The future of the Supply Corps
You can always get a Desert Eagle Mark XIX in .44 Mag, Lawman. They can give you one of those in stainless. Or 24kt gold, or Tiger Stripe, or...well, you get the idea. ;)

Or you can always find an old AutoMag.

But I'm biased towards autoloaders...if a manufacturer would release a 1911 in .44 magnum, I'd probably have to buy one.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
metro said:
You can always get a Desert Eagle Mark XIX in .44 Mag, Lawman. They can give you one of those in stainless. Or 24kt gold, or Tiger Stripe, or...well, you get the idea. ;)

Or you can always find an old AutoMag.

But I'm biased towards autoloaders...if a manufacturer would release a 1911 in .44 magnum, I'd probably have to buy one.

gay_trying.jpg