• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I Screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good news. Hope it didn't cost you too much. In any case, it will seem like money well spent ten years from now, if not now. Everyone loves to trash lawyers until they need one. They do have a beneficial place in society. Well, some of them anyway.

caeli

Chief,

I know a cop can't search your car unless he has probable cause and/or you give him permission, but if a cop asks if you have weapons in the vehicle, do you have to answer? If you don't answer his question would that give probable cause to the cop?

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Probably not, in itself. Just a routine question, probably not. But if the officer suspects or has information short of "probable cause", he has other options. Some would view refusal to answer a question as hostile.

i always want to cooperate to the fullest extent possible with law enforcement officers. i never view any incident from a viewpoint of a protracted legal fight.

Above all you do not want to lie to him/her.

Status
Not open for further replies.