• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I going too far?

That_1_Dud3

I aspire to become a pilot, with jets and planes really taking my interest. I ended up buying a whole stack of DVDs based of aviation history and about different types of jets and such. I also am enjoying reading about them too. Any of you pilots did tons of research before getting into the field? My buddies look at me like I'm slightly crazy... too much perhaps?

revan1013

Death by Snoo Snoo
pilot
You're just excited. Have fun. Enjoy it.

I nerd out pretty often on aviation stuff, and other much dorkier things. I did a lot of research prior to OCS in particular. I always do a lot of searching online and reading posts and asking questions. It's normal to be interested in your career, especially if it's something you've always wanted to do.

As to whether I think you're crazy or not,
1. I don't know you in real life.
2. You don't need my approval as to what you do with your personal time and money.
3. Your interests are yours, and you shouldn't care what anybody else thinks.

But to answer your question... yes I did a crap-ton of research before I joined, and a whole lot more once I did. It's fun. :)

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
It's good to be well informed. The flip side of that coin though is that all that stuff you are buying definitely promotes Naval aviation... and while in my opinion the pros crush the cons, there are draw backs to the lifestyle... make sure in your research you're looking at it objectively and know what you're getting into.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
If you count being an avid military aviation enthusiast from the time I was about 4 years old, then yes, I did the same :) I think my reading choices as a kid were probably strange compared to most of my peers, but hey, they all sit in cubicles now while I get to strap into a grey jet with "Navy" on the side, so who cares what they think?

m26

Contributor
I aspire to become a pilot, with jets and planes really taking my interest. I ended up buying a whole stack of DVDs based of aviation history and about different types of jets and such. I also am enjoying reading about them too. Any of you pilots did tons of research before getting into the field? My buddies look at me like I'm slightly crazy... too much perhaps?

Why go into it if you're not in love with it?

Your sig, on the other hand, is much too much :bigeyes_1

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot

You didn't hear? He got picked up for the GUNDAM program.

wannaflywindy

Hopeful Pilot

I feel you there, I looooove aviation and jets of all kinds, my friends know better than to ever bring it up, cause I can go on for HOURS :D I think if its your passion, embrace it!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

WAAAAAAAAY too much.

Beer= Cool. Ladies=Cool. Airplanes=Cool. Anime= That weird guy that dresses all in black and lives in his mom's basement. Do you want him in YOUR squadron? I think not...

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
WAAAAAAAAY too much.

Beer= Cool. Ladies=Cool. Airplanes=Cool. Anime= That weird guy that dresses all in black and lives in his mom's basement. Do you want him in YOUR squadron? I think not...
those dudes are definitely the anti-poon

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Nah, I did the same...just no internet back then. Just balance it out with chicks, beer, parties, more beer, different chicks and life is good :icon_smil

shabuki

i can sit at my computer for hours reading through articles or watching youtube videos of military aircraft..

i guess passion is what separates the people who become pilots from the people who don't

...i think i have enough passion but maybe not the eyesight :/