• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All-weather coats for morning inspections?

GofoUSN

So I am considering wearing my all weather coat out to Monday's inspection due to how cold it was out there Friday in my relax jacket, but I cannot find the answer to a particular question of mine anywhere on BuPers or the net.

When wearing the all-weather coat, is a particular cover required? It seems like I remembered wearing combo covers with them at OCS, but was this just an OCS thing, or an actual uniform regulation? I cannot find anything stating a specific cover is required, but I don't want to show up looking ridiculous.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Not sure, don't think it would be too big of a deal since they have us remove our coats anyway prior to the inspection. Honestly, I would have rather had a pair of gloves than the all-weather coat.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
Who cares, wear the khaki combo cover... WITH earmuffs. If you can swing galoshes, go for it.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
I was actually looking for this answer a few nights ago for standing shore patrol. I wanted to wear my all weather, but couldn't find my khaki combo.

All the regs mention is that the All-weather coat is approved durring appropriate weather conditions (which is kind of ironic, since it's an All-Weather Coat...) I just wore it with my piss cutter. No one said anything. But then again I'm on a Marine base with only a dozen Navy officers/senior enlisted, and everyone wears cammies. Thus the "unwritten" khaki uniform regs go largely unotticed. And I wasn't being inspected with fear of pink sheets...

I say, if it doesn't specify a cover type you'll be fine with either. However it may be breaking the "social norm"...

I'm guessing this has to do with the daily A-pool inspection. As others have said in the dedicated thread... Blend in... While a khaki combo cover may be within regs, and it may get some good chuckles/groans from all (or beer from Otto), the end result is it draws more attention to you and your scuffed shoes, or crooked ribbons, or your jacked up gig line, IPs etc. You'll get more scrutinized for it, even if they do it subconsciously. The more your dressed like the two guys standing next you the better.

There's a reason it's called a "uniform" inspection.

Just my $.02