• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ALL HANDS article: Maine SERE

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Road Program said:
How about just locking it and making it for info purposes only then?
How about I trust that the seasoned Fleet Aviators on here, who have been through SERE, will not post something stupid. Maybe someone has a link to another article, or wants to chime in with something that wouldn't contradict my comment above? Did not then, nor do I now see a reason to lock it. Trying to head off the preverbial one idiot in the crowd that could ruin an good discussion this might have started... are you volunteering?

Lawman

None
The first rule of SERE.... you do not talk about SERE.....

The second rule of SERE..... YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT SERE!.....

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
depends, usually for Navy guys between advanced and the RAG, Marines many times may never go and if they do it is because the squadron got a few slots so it could come at any time.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Check the FASOTRAGRU websites (Pacific and Atlantic) for detailed information. The .pdf manuals are even available for download. It's all in the public domain. Official Navy websites. No secrets.

Try:

http://www.faso.navy.mil/

http://www.fasolant.navy.mil/

The schools and the training derived therein have matured and changed since I attended @ 35 years ago. While the course materials and courses are constantly being changed and upgraded and hold SECRET classifications --- the website(s) aren't classified. No BEADWINDOWs, no hyper-overreactions, no secrets divulged :eek: --- just all the information any of you who are asking need to know at this point in time. :)

ip568

None
Looks pretty cozy, actually. We did SERE in the Mojave Desert. 130 degrees daytime, 30 degrees at night. We were baked and flash-frozen. Had just a flight suit and half a parachute for gear, plus our survival vest stuff. No shade, no shelter, just open desert. Only thing to eat was prickly pear cactus.

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
ip568 said:
Looks pretty cozy, actually. We did SERE in the Mojave Desert. 130 degrees daytime, 30 degrees at night. We were baked and flash-frozen. Had just a flight suit and half a parachute for gear, plus our survival vest stuff. No shade, no shelter, just open desert. Only thing to eat was prickly pear cactus.
Lemme guess, you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow, or in your case sandstorms?

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
webmaster said:
How about I trust that the seasoned Fleet Aviators on here, who have been through SERE, will not post something stupid. Maybe someone has a link to another article, or wants to chime in with something that wouldn't contradict my comment above? Did not then, nor do I now see a reason to lock it. Trying to head off the preverbial one idiot in the crowd that could ruin an good discussion this might have started... are you volunteering?

Me? Volunteer to be a proverbial idiot? Nothing proverbial about it. :icon_tong ...I'm just an idiot.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
webmaster said:
ip568,

Read and heed. There is a reason Steve edited your post....