• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All DoD personnel accounted for and safe in Japan...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
NAVADMIN 084/11 is on the streets today, all PCS moves to Japan are cancelled UFN.

If anyone who hasn't checked out of their present command is to be held UFN.

Let the trainwreck begin!

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Get sent a link to this today. HS-14 crews made a video of their flights into Japan.

Sometimes knowing you've helped save some lives is better than any medal you could receive...

(If this video is a repost, mea culpa.)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
This thread:
tumblr_n6hqsrjNee1rhxfs4o1_250.gif

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In regards to earthquakes in the US, all I have ever heard was San Andreas - this article was news to me. Anybody know more about the Cascadia fault line in Oregon and Washington? (This thread seemed to be the closest to the subject.)

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one
This story is really old, and concerns a geologic hazard that most reasonably aware people on the west coast understand. Though it wasn't due to the cascadia fault system, Seattle suffered a major 6.7 magnitude quake in 2001. We have a bunch of volcanoes too. Sometimes they erupt. In fact, as chance would have it, I'll be in the Mt St Helens blast zone tomorrow, taking pictures.

Bottom line, there are earthquake hazards all over the place, even on the east coast.