• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alcohol testing for all my friends...

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Who gets to be the ASPO? (fingers crossed, cringing) no whammy, no whammy, no whammy.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why not? This goes great with 3MAW's new mando checkpoints @ installation gates with random breathalyzing now. And, if you have a Marine who gets a DUI or ARI, him, his SNCOIC, OIC, and all "co-conspirators" will be standing tall in front of the CG. Pretty cool.

So long O-Clubs.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Why not? This goes great with 3MAW's new mando checkpoints @ installation gates with random breathalyzing now. And, if you have a Marine who gets a DUI or ARI, him, his SNCOIC, OIC, and all "co-conspirators" will be standing tall in front of the CG. Pretty cool.

So long O-Clubs.

First I've heard of this. Last time I checked PMO worked for me.

If 3D MAW is indeed saying this, they're out of their lane.

The part about the whole chain of command hauling their asses out to Miramar, yeah.......MWSS was waaaaaayyyy ahead of that curve.

Ask me how I know.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
First I've heard of this. Last time I checked PMO worked for me.

If 3D MAW is indeed saying this, they're out of their lane.

The part about the whole chain of command hauling their asses out to Miramar, yeah.......MWSS was waaaaaayyyy ahead of that curve.

Ask me how I know.

I'll fwd you the email tomorrow.

Renegade One

None
O-clubs still exist? Outside of Fallon, I mean.
Miramar O'Club is still a very nice place. San Diego Tailhook Ready Room hosted the bar last Friday evening. Not what "The Fightertown Lounge" may or may not have been back in the '70s-'80s, but very nice. We'll be back.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I'll fwd you the email tomorrow.

Send it to me now. It's not like I'm ever away from my email. I'm sitting in a middle school band concert right now, so it couldn't get much more painful.

Wishing I always carried earplugs, but I don't. I guess that makes me a......

SAFETY VIOLATOR!!!!!!!!!

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Send it to me now. It's not like I'm ever away from my email. I'm sitting in a middle school band concert right now, so it couldn't get much more painful.

Wishing I always carried earplugs, but I don't. I guess that makes me a......

SAFETY VIOLATOR!!!!!!!!!
Checking and responding to threads at AW while at a middle school concert ... solid work HD!

Squeeze, I'm in a 3rd MAW unit and haven't heard about mando checkpoints @ installation gates...I'd like to see that e-mail.

I didn't realize we had a problem in the Corps with people being drunk at work. Now that the wars are winding down, we're going back to being "garrison Marines" with nothing else to do but play games to "cull the herd".

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My pkard app is jacked up on my Mac, so I can't access webmail. Both of y'all will have to wait till tomorrow. It came through the SgtMaj channels, so it may be over-played a bit - it does have a nice bit about OICs standing tall in front of the SgtMaj (oh really?), but it does reference another email that went the XO route.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

So long O-Clubs.
Meh, I thought they were already converted to (circle one)... teen center, all hands soft drink bar, base nursery, 'partners' social club, pizza joint, yadda yadda... :(
BzB

jmcquate

Contributor
Miramar O'Club is still a very nice place. San Diego Tailhook Ready Room hosted the bar last Friday evening. Not what "The Fightertown Lounge" may or may not have been back in the '70s-'80s, but very nice. We'll be back.
Hell, there was a little bar at Camp Usher for the PLC duty platoons to have beers on the weekends when everyone else were in DC........but that was 1983.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Checking and responding to threads at AW while at a middle school concert ... solid work HD!

Squeeze, I'm in a 3rd MAW unit and haven't heard about mando checkpoints @ installation gates...I'd like to see that e-mail.

Dude.......you have no idea. My kid was awesome (of course), but the other 80% of this is like listening to a cat getting a prostate exam. This is all while my wife is giving me the stink eye for "doing work emails" during the concert.

If she only knew.....

Looking forward to seeing the email. Sounds craptastic.