• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Alaska Airlines 737 MAX 9 Decompression

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
According to a guy named "Bob" (CNN's chyron says), MAX's aft-end plug has been found just outside of Portland, in Bob's backyard.

Seems very Woke to me...😂

number9

Contributor
According to a guy named "Bob" (CNN's chyron says), MAX's aft-end plug has been found just outside of Portland, in Bob's backyard.

Seems very Woke to me...😂
Hey JTS, where do you think you're gonna put a tree plug that big?

taxi1

pilot
Instant decompression to 16K'...the flatulence must have been awe-inspiring. Explains the mist?

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Airline pilots, what's the EP for a rapid decompression? How fast are you descending when that happens?
Oxygen mask-on

VSI depends on altitude but 3 to 1is probably the best you’re gonna get with the slow down unless you throw the gear. So I would guess somewhere between 1000-1500

Sonog

pilot
Oxygen mask-on

VSI depends on altitude but 3 to 1is probably the best you’re gonna get with the slow down unless you throw the gear. So I would guess somewhere between 1000-1500

Are you mostly worried about structural integrity/unknowns related to what caused the decrompression?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

Mirage

pilot
Oxygen mask-on

On the 737, at least at my carrier, we don't slow down unless there is concern for structural integrity. We bug the barber pole and will descend as fast as possible with gear up.. much quicker than 1000-1500. Don't remember what we'd achieve in the sim, but I'd guess more like 3.5-4.5k.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
On the 737, at least at my carrier, we don't slow down unless there is concern for structural integrity. We bug the barber pole and will descend as fast as possible with gear up.. much quicker than 1000-1500. Don't remember what we'd achieve in the sim, but I'd guess more like 3.5-4.5k.

Same at mine. To be fair, Frank's boxes don't die when the oxygen generators run out (or the partial O2 pressure is too low)