• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airsickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

Hey, thanks. Yeah, I typically do at least an hour of cardio on the elliptical trainer when I do it in the morning (sometimes more...when I'm ambitious) and I get so many stares from the ladies...of course it's because I'm literally wringing out my shirt about 30 minutes into it. I have little puddles from where it drips off my elbows, as well as the soaked shorts in the front that look like I have absolutely no bladder control.

I have to drink a 1.5 liter bottle of water while working out, then another one right after. Apparently God thought that my special talent should be an extremely effective, if not efficient cooling system =) Glad to hear I'm not the only 'faucet' here, though.

JR
weeping_125.gif
<-- sweat, not tears!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, I'm a faucet too. When I PT, even in an airconditioned gym, my shirt is WET. It's gross. But it's manly lol.

goldwingdreams

I fly in S. Arizona and in a flight suit to keep all my gear organized and when I climb out of the cockpit in the afternoon, Jesus, you'd think the pilot's seat was a bathtub. My whole back is drenched. Same is true after 10 or 15 on the treadmill. What can you do though? Not a damn thing.

beau

As a 1/c mid, on my Aviation cruise, I was assigned to VF-101 in Va Beach. I flew in the T-34 twice, both time losing my lunch(I have a ton of Civilian Non-acro time and have never puked). Then I got a ride in a Tomcat and I was fine. I personally think that there are alot of factors in the T-34 that makes one hurl. The first being the heat (was like 95-99 degrees on my two flights) and the pure lack of affective AC. The second being your lack of control of the aircraft. As the pilot, you can anticipate the turns and G's, where as the backseater can not. When I was flying I was just fine.....even with acrobatics. Then when they took the controls, I was toast.....(cloud surfing, acro, . Another factor is G-tolerance. This just takes time in the Cockpit and Working out. Another is how your body is acting.....your you hydrated? Did you have a good meal for breakfest? Lastley, and most importantly is your Mental state! If you go in thinking your going to puke, you most likely will. But if your too busy to think about that (aka your being graded, aka Flight training), then you get used to it (from what I've heard). Then of cousre there are some that just never get over Airsickness.

jaerose

Yeah, I'd imagine that being in control would allow you to anticipate and not get sick, while not knowing what's next and being at the mercy of a sinister aviator would probably lead to more vomiting.

JR

Laxanation

Sounds fun.....it always feels 10 times better right after you puke. Where to put that smelly barf-bag for the rest of the flight though?

beau

hehe, in the chart case on the right side next to the seat. This is in the T-34 anyways. Man I'm losing cool points as I write more about this!!
bouncy_125.gif

Jaerose,
I just cant wait for fam one......the infamous ride where they test the limits of your...... .Stomach
boggled_125.gif
crazy_125.gif
Kind of a "Welcome to Naval Aviation" indro.......(I think they should have that written on the side of the barf bag they give you!!
paperbag_125.gif

monkey

Hey courtney, sorry I haven't sent anything for a while. BTW, you don't have to do the centrifuge for aircrew selection. It only has to be done now for post-wings pilots going to fast jets, it's not a big deal though. As far as motion sickness goes, it is very, very normal for people to get sick their first few times. All the times I taught students on jets they almost all got sick on their first trip. I have quite a few hours on fast jets now, and invariably the first trip after an extended vacation is usually pretty tiring and rough. remember, these are not airliners here so don't get discouraged if you get sick on your first few trips guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.