• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline Salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This changes all the time and is posted for informational purposes only. It provides perspective on the diffenent rates paid among the listed air carriers. Dated as of 10/2003:

Airline Facts, Source: 2002-2003 Salary Survey

salaries3yp.png

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
$18,344 a month would be nice. I'm not sure what I would do with it, probably blow most of it on Washington state scratch tickets.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Man, no wonder so many ppl like FEDEX..... too bad I wont have the hours for THEIR minimums...

Physicx

Banned
If you have a couple of friends that will sponsor you and you have 1000 turbine pic you will be golden.Here is a better website with updated pay scales.At the top click airlines.And wait till UPS and Fedex get there new contracts.

www.airlinepilotpay.com

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
webmaster said:
Man, no wonder so many ppl like FEDEX..... too bad I wont have the hours for THEIR minimums...

Yeah, tell me about it .... when FedEx switched from Falcons to 727's, they did their training with Braniff @ Dallas Love Field. I was one of the instructors and one of my students was the "new" Chief Pilot for the "new" FedEx Boeing fleet. He, unsolicited, offered me a job --- said "give me your resume and you'll have a home at FedEx" ..... and I said "No thanks, I'm pretty happy here at Braniff"..... how stupid can one man be ????

(edit) I used to think "hauling trash" (flying freighters) was beneath me --- and I wasn't alone --- f;ying freight wasn't for those formerly flying in the guise of "our Nation's finest" Naaaaaaa ....... freight was for washed-up, can't get a "real" job, lousy lay-over in Cincinatti in a crumby company apartment, hot-bunking with 5 other guys and the 60 year old flight engineer who sits in the dirty chair in the "living room" watching cartoons on Saturday morning ..... no thanks. And then I flew frieghters, 727s and 747s and I learned the beauty of cargo that won't sass back and no flight attendants ..... plus, in days past, a significantly "looser schedule".

What else is there to say ..... ?????

USMCSNA

"TBS is awesome when you start training"
webmaster said:

Yeah unless you have your ATP, don't even bother....The big boys won't hire you with a commercial and then have you get your atp.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
At this stage of the game, throwing down $8k for my ATP is not something I would blink an eye at. Too bad the days of getting your ATP while on your first tour in P3s are long gone....

KBayDog

It certainly makes me want to stay in the military for a while. I'm getting paid more right now to be a flight student than many of the companies pay their entry-level pilots. Plus, they're paying for my food, housing, insurance, and (oh yeah) flight training. The job security isn't bad, either... I'd like some TSP-matching, but hey - "You Can't Always Get What You Want." Overall, I'd say we have it pretty darn good.

Let's just see if I have the same cheery attitude when I am making the multi-million dollar Schnuggapup salary, and I want to transition into the A4s minimum-wage air taxi business.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
webmaster said:
At this stage of the game, throwing down $8k for my ATP is not something I would blink an eye at. Too bad the days of getting your ATP while on your first tour in P3s are long gone....
It's only 8 grand if you want to throw in the 737 type with it. It's about $1,300 for the quick course at ATPs.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
USMCSNA said:
Yeah unless you have your ATP, don't even bother....The big boys won't hire you with a commercial and then have you get your atp.

Actually, overall it hasn't changed much ... in the late '70's, to be competitive, you had to have: ATR/ATP, a good fixed-wing type-rating, MEL, FE (not too many FE required quals now ??) , over 2000 hours JET/turboprop time, great recommendations from airline pilots, a four-year degree (master's was better), and be younger than 31 years old. These were not hard/fast ... but almost.

And, at that time ---the Military got preference --- usually. I can think of a couple exceptions --- and they were outfits where the Chief Pilots were not former military ... :) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.