• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airline Retirement Gift Ideas

Bergers2short

None
My Dad's retiring from American this year. He's a USAFA grad and joined US Air after maybe 8ish years in the AF. Right now, I'm thinking about bringing some of his memorabilia to the shadow box shop at the local NEX for framing. But I figured I should reach out to any of you with experience in "the show" here.

Any particularly special gifts that you've seen for a retirement from the airlines? If I do go for any type of frame/box, are there any pieces of memorabilia/gear that I should prioritize including? Thanks!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Shadow box for all the hotel pens?

Don't forget the lifetime supply of hotel soap.

I stopped into JKA recently.....it took a lot of restraint to deny my inner airline pilot cheapskateness and not take every free thing they had there.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Don't forget the lifetime supply of hotel soap.

I stopped into JKA recently.....it took a lot of restraint to deny my inner airline pilot cheapskateness and not take every free thing they had there.
It's been a cold spring, you could probably use another long sleeve shirt plus another short sleeve T-shirt because it's going to warm up like any day now. And coozies! More coozies!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It's been a cold spring, you could probably use another long sleeve shirt plus another short sleeve T-shirt because it's going to warm up like any day now. And coozies! More coozies!

I needed a new long sleeve, a new short sleeve, and a new pen...which i was disappointed to find out is in blue ink. Nice pen otherwise.

Bergers2short

None
Ah, ask and I shall receive ? I did find I few online vendors that make furniture and other gifts from reclaimed plane parts. If I don't find something there, I'll plan to make him a quilt out of hotel notepads!