• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft Selection

rjmayer

When it finally comes time to select your pipeline, are you competing against just your class of Marines? I know it's a stupid question, but you don't have to worry about going up against the Navy guys for your selection right?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What's the ratio of Navy SNAs to Marine SNAs?

In flux all the time. Generally more Navy SNAs in the Program at anyone time than Marines, but it's a meaningless number.

rjm, you may not have meant it this way, but let this be the last time you mention or think of it as "competing" against your fellow SNAs. It may be technically true, but ultimately the performance of your co-studs is only one factor of many that go into who gets what.

The motard Type-Alpha uber-competitive guys we get coming into the program generally don't last too long. Cooperate, graduate, and it's all aviatin' in the end.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Here's a question that was never answered for me while I was in primary. Since you essentially are "competing" against the average grades of the previous 60 (or whatever) selectors, is that grade pool both Navy and USMC studs? Or are you, as a Navy stud for example, only competing against the previous Navy selectors in that group?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Here's a question that was never answered for me while I was in primary. Since you essentially are "competing" against the average grades of the previous 60 (or whatever) selectors, is that grade pool both Navy and USMC studs? Or are you, as a Navy stud for example, only competing against the previous Navy selectors in that group?

Different number pools. For example, that's why Marine students in TW-6 only went through T-1's for Intermediate and Navy only did T-39's (or, they did when I went through)...to keep everyone relatively equal and keep the all-holy NSS correct.

All the who-gets-what numbers for selection are worked backwards from the endstate numbers (how many seats in the Fleet and how many bodies to fill them). Since the Navy and Marines don't cross-pollinate, the accession/selection numbers are likewise seperate.

And you're not "competing" against those previous 60/whatever students. You're just being graded relative to how they did.