• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIRBUS 380

Broadsword2004

Well, I don't like the A380 simply because it is French, and America is known for some of the greatest aircraft. A large portion of the world's great aircraft are mostly American. It is one of the things we can be proud of; the excellence of American ingenuity and engineering.

So I don't like the A380 for those reasons.

Anyone think the U.S. Air force will purchase the A380 to replace its tanker fleet??

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
it's dining outs! not dining ins!

I'll take anal bum cover for 3, Alex.
Actually Dining Ins can be a lot funner than Dining Outs. Dining Ins = no non-military guest = no wives/girlfirends. Roll throwing, skits, booze and debauchery without repercussion when you get home. Dining Ins are a disappearing tradition in this era of political correctness.

I'll take A4s Old Navy for $500, Alex.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Broadsword2004 said:
Well, I don't like the A380 simply because it is French, ...........one of the things we can be proud of; the excellence of American ingenuity and engineering.

Now, HOLD ON THERE, Cowboy !!! Isn't your attitude xenophobic and more than slightly bigoted against the French ??? How could anyone doubt the correctness, sophistication, and forward thinking of a country and culture that can produce technological advances such as this :

citroen0pd.png

KBayDog

A4sForever said:
Now, HOLD ON THERE, Cowboy !!! Isn't your attitude xenophobic and more than slightly bigoted against the French ??? How could anyone doubt the correctness, sophistication, and forward thinking of a country and culture that can produce technological advances such as this :

citroen0pd.png

And this:

fries.gif

And this:

prod_m_all.jpg

...oh...wait...my bad...

Clux4

Banned
Is the Airforce One's 747 going to be replaced with a A380. Afterall they just replaced the presidential helo.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KBayDog said:
And this:

prod_m_all.jpg

which you will need with ... THIS .... !!!!!!

photo_treefrog1.jpg
.... "Frenchy"...

(*wheeze*) I'm exhausted !!! Time to go squeeze some limes .... for the Vitamin C, naturally. ;) )

flynsail

pilot
Since this thread has turned into a discussion on French related things, here is a video that might be of interest:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/frenchtroops.html

Edit: Pretend they are still French, and HAL never mentioned otherwise...it makes the clip all the more interesting. Big Boys site would never sacrifice their credibility for a clip with a false title....they must be French HAL :p

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
flynsail said:
Since this thread has turned into a discussion on French related things, here is a video that might be of interest:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/frenchtroops.html
As much as I hate the French and hate to disillusion you, but those are British troops practicing on a river in England. The video clip made its rounds on the military section of pprume.com (aviation site that is mostly UK oriented) at least 6 months ago. I believe it was also shown on BBC or some other British TV news channel.

Geese

You guys are dangerous.
Interestingly, boeing has had a "super 747" with full length upper deck and a totally new wing on the books for a while. I think they like to be generally quiet about it and are taking a "wait see" approach. The A380 may work just fine on big international routes, while the 7E7 is directed at point-to-point flights that circumvent the biggest routes. Boeing seems to be on a good track as their orders for the 7E7 are very strong, much stronger than the airbus A350 equivalent. The airbus aircraft have been accused of being too innefficiant, but supposedly the "real numbers" are not really out there, so take that for whatever it's worth. Boeing kind of screwed up with the 777 though, it was so efficiant and so good that many customers that previously had 747s decided to go with 777s for the same role, thereby cutting the life of the 747 program a little short. That's not all bad of course, but it wasn't exactly what they expected.

On the airbus vs boeing issue, I have to take boeing. They are just as technologically advanced, but they have a different philosophy. The biggest deal for me is the auto throttles. On the boeing you hit the little autothrottle release buttons on the throttle, and then "you have the throttles". The boeing throttles also move as the flight computer/FADEC adjusts the engine thrust, which is great for SA. The airbus throttles do not move on the other hand, and they require you to "match" the thrust lever with the engine thrust roughly before disconnecting, and that is one more step you do not need to be performing at 200 feet on a precision instrument approach. Both aircraft are great and more alike than not, but this one little issue is a big deal for me and pretty much makes the difference in my mind.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You all have it wrong. This is the worst piece of crap the French ever gave us:

Chauchat.jpg

If you guess what it is, you win.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A4sForever said:
I was going to post on the thread "747 "WHALE" or Airbus 380 -- a.k.a. The Whale's Tails (sic) " .... but it has now been cruelly locked for lack of use by the constipated:icon_rage , Nazi-like :icon_rage mind controlling :icon_rage life-force sucking "clock" built into this system .... so I will put it here. :)
Honestly, I just HATE IT, when you bottle your emotions up... come on, don't hold anything back, tell it like it is, don't want you to get a stroke or anything... Varmint, pass the prune juice, someone might be constipated ;)...

Ok OK OK... I get the hint, will change the lock out to 90 days... geezzzz....

Many smiles....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
You all have it wrong. This is the worst piece of crap the French ever gave us:

Chauchat.jpg

If you guess what it is, you win.

So, what do I win, Big Boy .... ??? A BAR, perhaps ?? That P-O-S is the "Sho-Sho" .... (Chauchard? sp?) a French WW1 attempt @ a squad automatic rifle. Since the U.S. Doughboys had no equivalent -- no BAR fielded as yet --- we used the Froggie. It was very prone to jamming as dirt readily accumulated in the underslung half-circle magazine (pictured). See Citroen automobile (above) for similar French groundbreaking technological achievement(s) ..... :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
So, what do I win, Big Boy .... ??? A BAR, perhaps ?? That P-O-S is the "Sho-Sho" .... (Chauchard? sp?) a French WW1 attempt @ a squad automatic rifle. Since the U.S. Doughboys had no equivalent -- no BAR fielded as yet --- we used the Froggie. It was very prone to jamming as dirt readily accumulated in the underslung half-circle magazine (pictured). See Citroen automobile (above) for similar French groundbreaking technological achievement(s) ..... :)

I should have said you couldn't answer, I KNEW you'd get it ;)

Gotta love French tech!