• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force starts casual Friday

Pags

N/A
pilot
I feel like having colored t-shirts would still qualify as uniform since everyone in the squadron is wearing the same thing. We have different patches anyways. Thanks for the clarification, after being on shore tour what little knowledge I did have of this "boat" is quickly wasting away so it's easy to forget. I'll have you know, the P-8's oven is quite good and gives food a nice golden brown crust.:)
Prior to the "black for all my friends" change, your current squadron wore......

Wait for it....

....black t-shirts. Or brown if you were a helo guy.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Prior to the "black for all my friends" change, your current squadron wore......

Wait for it....

....black t-shirts. Or brown if you were a helo guy.

I know and my previous squadron wore black, too but I still think it's a cool idea.

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
We used to be able to wear callsign patches on friday and morale/pen patches up until a couple years ago. Big changes came about with green boots, no more black or brown shirts and leadership questioning your "combat focus" if you wore a heritage patch. Obviously, I'm happy they changed it back. It's the small things...

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Meanwhile, the USMC goes to Charlies/ Bravos (dress-up) on Fridays and supposedly all PT done from 0800-1600 Monday-Friday aboard Camp Lejeune must be done in green-on-green. Sweet. Because that's the kind of thing that will win the next war.

Renegade One

None
We used to be able to wear callsign patches on friday and morale/pen patches up until a couple years ago. Big changes came about with green boots, no more black or brown shirts and leadership questioning your "combat focus" if you wore a heritage patch. Obviously, I'm happy they changed it back. It's the small things...
Uh…wha's a "pen patch"?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
So some General will get a fitrep bullet point about increasing morale by implementing a "common sense" approach to PT uniform standards.
Then the next General can get a fitrep bullet point about increasing "combat effectiveness" and "esprit de corps" by implementing a "more uniform" approach to PT uniform standards.
The circle continues!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ah…thanks. I'm tempted to ask where the pen pocket went…but never mind.

The USAF guys love to tear off the FOD flap/cover to the pocket and not the pocket itself, they put a patch where the velcro for the pocket is and voilà.....they are now USAF awesome!

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
Yes, and now that we have that under control, we can move on to other pressing matters such as restoring pensions, health care coverage and the RIF/VSP.