• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force starts casual Friday

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
It looks like an Onion article... Alas, it's the Air Force. Think about the money they could save by just not showing up to work on Fridays...

Pags

N/A
pilot
I think a morale t shirt is a squadron color tshirt with the logo on it. When I was TAD to an AFB the AF guys all wore tshirts that had their aircraft and squadron name right under the collar, so when worn under a flight suit you could see that the guy was a viper driver from the 69th squadron or whatever (as if the viper patch on his sleeve and the little plan view on his name tag didn't tell you already).

kdubAF

AF NCO
A lot of mixed views in the comments of that article. As an AD guy in K Town I think this is just one good example of how our AF leadership goes above and beyond to take care of us. You won't see me wearing neon shoes on Friday but hey, it's nice to have the option.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm still disappointed with the Navy doing away with squadron colored t-shirts under the flight suit.

The fact that I don't have to change out of my flight suit when I need to stop at the Post Office (or where ever) on my way home has made up for that. Then again, I wore a black T-shirt for 2 commands prior to the current instruction, so it really wasn't a change for me.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I get that and the whole flight suit off base thing is great, I just wish they had kept the colored t shirts with it.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Let me know when it gets this casual.
214n5c.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I get that and the whole flight suit off base thing is great, I just wish they had kept the colored t shirts with it.

You can be uniform and go off base, or an individual and stay on base. Both have their merits. I save the individual traits for when I'm on the boat because I'm lazy. By the way, the boat is that gray thing that you fly over when your burrito catches on fire and you have to divert.

jmcquate

Contributor
The article was about PT uniforms. Anything that can get the Air Force to work out more is a good thing...............as for bags off base, the Air Force gives everyone Nomex (rating optional) and there has been many a time that I have seen them worn in bars in Old Town Alexandria.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
You can be uniform and go off base, or an individual and stay on base. Both have their merits. I save the individual traits for when I'm on the boat because I'm lazy. By the way, the boat is that gray thing that you fly over when your burrito catches on fire and you have to divert.

I feel like having colored t-shirts would still qualify as uniform since everyone in the squadron is wearing the same thing. We have different patches anyways. Thanks for the clarification, after being on shore tour what little knowledge I did have of this "boat" is quickly wasting away so it's easy to forget. I'll have you know, the P-8's oven is quite good and gives food a nice golden brown crust.:)

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I think a morale t shirt is a squadron color tshirt with the logo on it. When I was TAD to an AFB the AF guys all wore tshirts that had their aircraft and squadron name right under the collar, so when worn under a flight suit you could see that the guy was a viper driver from the 69th squadron or whatever (as if the viper patch on his sleeve and the little plan view on his name tag didn't tell you already).

Yep.