• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force guy awaiting API

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Shutter

AvFan...what you mean when you say "T-44's" is actually Props (or P-3's) when selection comes around. And to answer your question, it's very competetive. Flying a large multi-engine, w/ a crew, no boat time, and per-diem is extremely atractive to a lot of people. Selections can sometimes be fewer (and tougher to land) than jets depending on the planetary alignment.

ghost_ttu

Dave, AV Fan is AF, so he won't be on the boat regardless. Can you field his question from an AF drop stand point?

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

Av Fan

Thanks TTU, I guess my question was kind of vague. I guess Im still confused as to how the Navy class thing works. Since Im AF I will be in VT-3 correct? Now, when it comes time to pick my airframe after Primary will I be competing with just AF of all services? From this standpoint I ask my question about the T-44 again. Thanks

Victory favors the bold

ghost_ttu

Av, you will just compete with AF studs. As for your chances of T-44's I would say it will depend what is available in your drop. That is why I want you to keep us updated as you go through. I want to know what the T-38 outlook from Whiting appears to be. I know you might not want that, but given the opportunity to choose what base to train at, I'd wanna know if there is any advantage to training at Whiting.....I mean other than being on the beach....

Eliminate distractions, focus on your goals and visualize what you hope to accomplish.

x-wing

is it true that embry riddle CFI teach AF guys the basics. Just want to know cause i'm going to embry riddle for college and AFROTC

I got a cat the other day.....had to swerve to get it buti got it

Dale

Pre-API AF guy here, I was wondering if anyone has anymore facts on getting T-38's out of Whiting.

Thanks

Gottman

Awesome site! I just received orders for API at Whiting. I'm on my way to Luke AFB for IFT and casual status 'till then. Hoping for some Viper rides. Air Force pukes don't get to play in the water, huh? Too bad. I was actually looking foward to it. Any info on life for Air Force pilots at Pensacola would be great, and just out of curiosity, what are the T-38 prospects for AF students at Whiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.