• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force Bike Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
How to Be Annoying During the Air Force Stationary Bike Test
1. Wear a bike helmet to the test. Optional: Include knee and elbow pads.
2. Demand the tester wear a reflective road guard vest "for safety."
3. Bring a bike horn and attach it. Each time the tester adjusts the tension, honk the horn loudly and yell, "Get the hell out of the way, you idiot!"
4. Bring a bike bell and attach it. Ring it once every 15 seconds - "Just to maintain your rhythm."
5. Attach streamers to the hand grips.
6. Bring a playing card to the test. Demand that it be inserted in the spokes.
7. Pop a wheelie. Optional: Do an axle grind on the nearest table. Optional: Bunny hop the bike.
8. At the beginning of the test, peddle while standing. Tell the tester,"I'm going uphill now, you fool."
9. Halfway through the test, stop peddling and lower your head between thehandle bars and stick your butt in the air. Explain to the tester, "I'm coasting downhill and about to take the lead in the Tour De France!!!"
10. Signal all turns.
11. Make motorcycle sounds. Be sure to shift gears when the tester changes the tension.
12. Bring a sack of newspapers. Deliver them.
13. Periodically extend your legs and arms, yelling, "Look ma, no hands!"
14. Bring a friend to ride on the handle bars. Optional: Attach a kiddy seat to the back. Bring your kid.
15. Bring a bike lock. Be sure to secure the bike when you leave.

spsiratt

24 April OCS
Bike test still in use, took mine about 3 weeks ago. AF is supposed to be going to the run/situp/pushup routine in the new year, but it'll be phased in. Don't want to shock the people that are used to the bike I guess. I think an "if you can't run a mile and a half in a respectable time then get your fat ass out of the military" standard is in order.

kevin

http://www.trackpads.com/cgi-bin/vgallery/gallery.cgi?func=show&file=200082&Category=100027&Page=1

get ready to piss you pants.

T

TSPO

Those are both pretty funny, but I can say with certainty and experience that the video is just as appropriate for the Navy. I can actually say that I'll be sad to see the bike test go. I was happy to have completed my last PFT after finishing ROTC. I know I'm in excellent shape, and don't need somebody counting my situps to confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.