• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Contracts

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
I'd like to make a graph that shows the stats of the averages of those who were selected. Help me help others buy filling out this information. Please copy the text between the two dotted lines and fill out everything that applies to you.
-Facepalm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GPA:
Major:
ASVAB:
SAT:
ACT:
ASTB:
PFT:
Waivers: (how many, and what for)
Year Selected:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gnar

I'd like to make a graph that shows the stats of the averages of those who were selected. Help me help others buy filling out this information. Please copy the text between the two dotted lines and fill out everything that applies to you.
-Facepalm

GPA:
Major:
ASVAB:
SAT:
ACT:
ASTB:
PFT:
Year Selected:
If you toss me the data in a excel sheet I can do some multiple regression analyses... Might be interesting to see what are the greater predictor(s).

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
GPA: 2.58 :D
Major: Aeronautical Science
ASVAB: Didn't take
SAT: Didn't take
ACT: 27
ASTB: Do not recall
PFT: 275
Waivers: PRK
Program applied for: PLC-C
Year Selected: 2008

djj34

pilot
GPA: 2.7
Major: Kinesiology/Physiology
ASVAB: n/a
SAT: like 1950 on 2400 scale?
ACT: n/a
ASTB: 6/7/7 58
PFT: 272
Waivers: n/a
Program applied for: PLC
Year Selected: 2009

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Too late for me to edit my original post. I hope future replies read this first, I'd like to request one more stat! It's in Bold font.

GPA:
Major:
ASVAB:
SAT:
ACT:
ASTB:
PFT:
Year Selected:
Application attempts:

Renegade One

None
I'd like to make a graph that shows the stats of the averages of those who were selected.
If you toss me the data in a excel sheet I can do some multiple regression analyses... Might be interesting to see what are the greater predictor(s).
Maybe NavyOffRec can overrule me, but to what purpose are you "pumped" about doing this?

I think "Big Navy" probably already compiles something similar (cuz we LOVE data…), not that it's probably releasable outside DON…or to YOU. Just not sure what purpose the anecdotal data you might get here (just AW subscribers) would serve. Would it scare someone from "pushing the envelope" because s/he doesn't measure up to whatever data you compile?

Always reminded of two things an old CO of mine used to warn us against:
"Figures lie, and liars figure."
"If it ain't worth doing, it ain't worth doing well."

I know some of you folks have MAD Microsoft Office (Excel..and you HAD me at "multiple regression analyses") skills, but be careful about what you think you can present as either facts or trends or "predictors". Sheesh...

Facepalm and Gnar: That was the "kindly old Dutch Uncle" version. Now for the "tough love": WTF are you doing? Who that matters would care about what your very limited data shows?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Dude bro love to counteract the negative vibes: sure man, glad I could help out by taking 10 seconds to put some stats down. I'd be interested to see what the results are. Good luck!

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
Maybe NavyOffRec can overrule me, but to what purpose are you "pumped" about doing this?

I think "Big Navy" probably already compiles something similar (cuz we LOVE data…), not that it's probably releasable outside DON…or to YOU. Just not sure what purpose the anecdotal data you might get here (just AW subscribers) would serve. Would it scare someone from "pushing the envelope" because s/he doesn't measure up to whatever data you compile?

Always reminded of two things an old CO of mine used to warn us against:
"Figures lie, and liars figure."
"If it ain't worth doing, it ain't worth doing well."

I know some of you folks have MAD Microsoft Office (Excel..and you HAD me at "multiple regression analyses") skills, but be careful about what you think you can present as either facts or trends or "predictors". Sheesh...

Facepalm and Gnar: That was the "kindly old Dutch Uncle" version. Now for the "tough love": WTF are you doing? Who that matters would care about what your very limited data shows?

I totally understand what you're getting at, but I've noticed several threads on this forum and other Military related forums that ask the dreaded question "What are my chances?" and they usually post some of their stats hoping for someone to build their confidence. I feel like putting together this data on a spreadsheet that's easy to read will help eliminate people asking the question. Stop it completely, no but at least it will give the newbs (including me) a good idea of what their chances might be. I originally got the idea from wantscheckride. If you're not familiar it's an Air Force website that has a similar data pool.

On the note of predictors, I have to agree with you. It does seem an awful lot like the stock market. From what I've seen from friends and others that were selected it varies greatly. One year they'll take anyone and everyone while the next applicants with 300 pft scores are being turned away. In no way am I clamming that I'll be able to crack the code and figure out an ultimate predictor but it would be nice to see where you measure up against those you're competing with. I hope I didn't make too many errors, I used my iPhone for this reply.

Last edited:

Renegade One

None
I totally understand what you're getting at, but I've noticed several threads on this forum and other Military related forums that ask the dreaded question "What are my chances?" and they usually post some of their stats hoping for someone to build their confidence. I feel like putting together this data on a spreadsheet that's easy to read will help eliminate people asking the question. Stop it completely, no but at least it will give the newbs (including me) a good idea of what their chances might be. I originally got the idea from wantscheckride. If you're not familiar it's an Air Force website that has a similar data pool.

On the note of predictors, I have to agree with you. It does seem an awful lot like the stock market. From what I've seen from friends and others that were selected it varies greatly. One year they'll take anyone and everyone while the next applicants with 300 pft scores are being turned away. In no way am I clamming that I'll be able to crack the code and figure out an ultimate predictor but it would be nice to see where you measure up against those you're competing with. I hope I didn't make to many errors, I used my iPhone for this reply.
Fair enough as far as it goes…but I retain my bottom line: Your data take will be so infinitesimally small compared to "everyone" who applies as to be "statistically skewed" because your population is "self-selected" (AWs only) to participate Off my soap-box..

Go forth and slay dragons, I guess. :confused:

robav8r

None
Contributor
Your data will be completely worthless because the environment and circumstances behind every board changes all the time. Sure, there are some generic trends. But unless the samples are weighed against the same standards (which they won't), then the data will be meaningless.

Time better spent? Harness every ounce of your passion and follow your dream. There is no spreadsheet or "regression analysis" that will help you there . . . .

greatvaluebrand

GPA: 3.6
Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering
ASVAB:
SAT: 2040/2400
ACT:
ASTB: 6/7/6
PFT: 288
Waivers: (how many, and what for) : None
Program applied for: (PLC/ROTC/OCC...) PLC
Year Selected: 2009
Application attempts: 1 or 2

81montedriver

pilot
I'm putting my stats up simply because I joined during a plus up and despite my low ass stats, still made it.

GPA: 2.9
Major: Criminal Justice
ASVAB: Didn't take.
SAT: 1100
ACT: na
ASTB: 3/4/3
PFT: 275
Waivers: 2
Program applied for: OCC
Year Selected: 2007

Slingblade

Huge Member
pilot
GPA: 2.3, but I had a great time in college.
Major: Psychology
ASVAB: Took it in 10th grade. No idea what the score was. Didn't matter.
SAT: 1090
ACT: N/A
ASTB: 5/7/7
PFT: 300
Waivers: None
Program applied for: OCC
Year Selected: Summer 2001
Application attempts: 1

MarcusAurelius

Stop messing with my OODA Loop
GPA: 3.2
Major: BSNS MGMT
ASVAB: N/A
SAT: 1290/(2 test)
ASTB: 6/7/6
PFT: 300
Waivers: (None)
Program applied for: (PLC)
Year Selected: 2010
Attempts: 1

Johny0nThaSp0t

pilot
GPA: 3.4
Major: BSNS MGMT
ASVAB: 93
SAT: 1160
ASTB: 7/8/7
PFT: 290
Waivers: 5 ..... 4 EYE WAIVERS, 1 age waiver. I'm posting for those who have been convinced their eye problem is non-waiverable. Try anyway!
Program applied for: MECEP
Year Selected: 2008
Attempts: 1