• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aging airplanes

Junior

pilot
It's all good. We'll just keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the F-35 is still "right on schedule". We should seriously get a side bet going on when the F-35B will actually hit the fleet.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
It's all good. We'll just keep drinking the Kool-Aid that the F-35 is still "right on schedule". We should seriously get a side bet going on when the F-35B will actually hit the fleet.

I'll take the day after forever and a day.

MasterBates

I think my 11 year old nephew will do the acceptance FCF on the 1st fleet F-35B when he is a LtCol TPS grad.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
The program has to be on track. You can't spend $10M/day if you are behind, can you?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I think my 11 year old nephew will do the acceptance FCF on the 1st fleet F-35B when he is a LtCol TPS grad.

No kidding. I was told by my recruiter, while going over the NFO training track, that by the time I got to VT-10 the T-2's would be gone and I'd be flying T-45's.... That was 1985 :eek:

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
No kidding. I was told by my recruiter, while going over the NFO training track, that by the time I got to VT-10 the T-2's would be gone and I'd be flying T-45's.... That was 1985 :eek:

Hey, they are finally starting to train instructors on the T-45.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

We are going to run out of airplanes by the time we are in production of the F-35.

At least the Navy has the Rhino to fill the gap. The AF has 2 operational (not test or training) squadrons of F-22s.

Pretty soon we will see ANG squadrons losing their airplanes due to the needs of the AD. (Or the thunderchickens, as what happened to the Ft Smith AK Viper unit)

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Of course, the tanker replacement and subsequent scandals (jail terms included) might say something as well - at least if the subject is AF's relationship with Boeing.

I wish there were more choices in the upcoming competition: personally, I find it impossible to root for Airbus, but I hate to see Boeing get rich on this project in the end.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
That is pretty interesting that the Tankers are the only airplane to never have been replaced in it's service life.

Guess that says something about the 707/720 airframe, at least for use as a tanker.

So was the KC-10 an addition? Don't really know the drama that bert is speaking of, just curious how the KC-10's fit in w/ the fleets of -135s.