• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvl_dog_2531

I'm trying to look at some things demographically and was interested if anyone on the list currently applying for OCS on an age waiver.

If so, I'd like to know:

1. what class/option are they applying for (OCC, AIR, LAW, PLC, etc.)
2. what will be their age when commisioned
3. are they prior service
4. where are they located geographically

Thanks.

jeannott

Sorry, hit the wrong key.To answer some of them. I am going air and will be 30 at commision. Yes I am prior service and currently located in North Dakota.

dvl_dog_2531

I'm located in the midwest, 9th MCD. They are telling me that the district commander is not signing any age waivers at this time, no exceptions. I'm 31 now.

I think this is a little unfair considering I was an active duty Marine for 4 years (awarded a Navy Achievement Medal and 2 meritorious promotions), went to a top university, have a 275+ PFT and 5 years of business experience.

jeannott

I would think that they would want you in. Everything that I was told was that they mostly went off your PT score, to decide on a age waiver.
That sucks sounds like a bum deal to me. Have you tried the navy they will take up to 31 for prior service?

kimphil

Originally posted by dvl_dog_2531
I'd rather re-enlist than join the Navy. Most of them are disgusting.

Ouch!
headache_125.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

HighFlyer55

DVL DOG I am an OCS Candidate in the 9th MCD and they just gave us all lectures about how there are literally no slots right now. My buddies who are older and are applying for both OCC Air and Ground were lectured by a major about how all of the slots are filled for the fiscal year. They are not having a another board until August and I am sure you will get in then. I was also told that due to the "stop" law that was put into affect in the USMC they werent able to take as many people as they would have liked in the 9thMCD. I am sure you will get in as soon as the August board sees your package-I have also heard that the those applying for Air slots have the best chance for getting accepted by the board in August. Good luck man

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey I'm applying for the next board (it's actually June and OCC is in Oct. unless something has changed). I am 28 and my OSO said he doesn't think that the waiver will be a problem as long as my PFT is on point. I am on the east coast so I am probably not in your district. I am 28 (just turned this month).

Peace,

-Spin

Status
Not open for further replies.