• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waiver anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMan

Hi all,

I haven't visited the site for a while, did some research and couldn't really find the answer to my question, so here it is, please bear with me:

I'm turning 30 in September, currently a Corporal in the USMC Reserve, graduated college with a really low GPA (2.25 in Economics! Got a 99 on the ASVAB though, would it help at all?). I've been enlisted for almost 3 years, have a pretty good record as a Marine (MCT- Marine Combat Training- Company Honor Grad, MOS C-School (aviation mechanic) Honor Grad, Meritorious LCpl, Meritorious Cpl, Marine of the Quarter) and can probably get some good Letters of Recommendation from Gunnys and Lt Colonels (pilots). Good eyesight and health.

I'm looking to get a Flight Contract. Here are my questions:

1) From what I got from this website and what I heard from other enlisted Marines, the Corps have kinda stopped giving out age-waivers for flight contracts, even to prior enlisted. Is this true? Is over 30 still possible?

2) When they count prior enlisted years for age waiver, do they count enlisted years in the Reserve? Or is "time in service" in the Reserve discounted?

3) Assume that I run a high PFT (280 and above) for my OSO (last time I ran one last year, I got a 265, will try to get closer to 290-300 range this time), what's my chance of getting into OCC 185 with a Flight Contract?

Thanks in advance! Please let me know the answers whether you're a OSO, Pilot, Ground-Officer, prior-enlisted, Candidate, Applicant, or anyone that knows something about it. I really appreciate it!

DMan

DMan

SSgt,

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it! I will talk to the OSO, just want to get a feel of what's the scuttlebutt on the issue is before talking to him. You know how it is, an OSO IS a Recruiter after all.

I saw some of your other posts and really have to commend you on your courage and persistence. You know what you want and you keep working hard to get it, no matter how many times they said the word "NO!" I learned in these brief 3 years I've been in the Marine Corps that "No" is not always the final answer. You story motivates me, SSgt!

OOHRAH!

Cpl DMan

Status
Not open for further replies.