• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AFTPs in current environment

jo di

I'd like to get some perspective/advice from my reserve Aviation peers on AW. I'm rushing for a reserve squadron that is a long distance travel from my current location.

In our current national financial state, what has the availiblity of AFTPs look like? Just trying to figure out personal budget issues with regards to drill weekend travel expenses versus what we make as O-3's.

Thanks in advance for your perspective.

Beat Army!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I can't get into the system to look (at least as of yesterday), but I don't believe the Additionals have been allocated yet. If they have, not to everyone. So depending on your which Wing you fall under, you may not even have them yet. I'm about to head into work and I'll see if I can get into the system to look today.

That said, I would expect roughly the same or maybe slightly less than FY13...until they realize they have too much money and then you'll have more. That's about how it works. During the last month or two of FY13, I can tell you HELWINGRES (oops, I mean MSW) was giving away Additionals like candy, as long as you checked in and asked the PM.

In short, it depends. If you're VR, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're helo, it might be tight at certain times. If you're TSW, I'm pretty sure you get as much money as you want. (That might be a slight exaggeration).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
No joy on getting into the system (or any system). The Chinese have won this round.

jo di

Thanks, Gator for your valiant attempt against the big reds. Live to fight another day.