• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After the cornea heals...

MNU-OCS

So the doctor pronounced me 100 percent healed, at least as far as my corneas go. He says that the epithelium has to smooth over and that will correct my vision. My question to any of you who have had the surgery, did you notice that the drops began to sting MORE after the cornea healed? Also that they are still grainy feeling. Im sure it will go away, I was just seeing if any of you had similiar experiences.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I don't recall the stinging. I pobably stopped using them. The graininess is perfectly normal though because it is, after all, the epithelial tissue right on top that isn't healed yet. That part I do remember. Congrats.

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
when did you get your surgury? im 3 weeks, 3 days post-op and my vision fluctuates between mostly clear AMs and blurry PMs. Don't use the drops anymore though

FastMover

NFO
None
I'm about five months post-op and still get the grainy feeling now and then. Mostly when I wake up during the night and in the morning. You may want to ask your doctor about getting you on Restasis. It's an eye drop that is supposed to increase your natural tear production.

Gitr

Grainy Feelings will happen for up to 6 months, the stinging is new. Make sure you're using just the refresh drops. If they hurt, and sting, try systane, it's a lighter version and lasts longer.

MNU-OCS

Well I am suppose to use the FML steroid drops for 23 more days. I have really clear AMs and bad PMs, that sucks too because all the fun stuff happens in the PMs. For those of you that said to stop using the drops, did you mean stop using the lubricating drops?

MettGT

pilot
Well I am suppose to use the FML steroid drops for 23 more days. I have really clear AMs and bad PMs, that sucks too because all the fun stuff happens in the PMs. For those of you that said to stop using the drops, did you mean stop using the lubricating drops?

The lubricating drops are for your comfort. I wouldn't discontinue any drops without consulting with your doctor. So if you're having problems, talk to him or her. These are your eyes, remember. You only get one pair. I'd trust my doctor a lot more than I would people on the internets.

MNU-OCS

I just went down there and talked to the doctor. He looked at my eyes and and put that dye in them. Apparently I developed some mild abrasions in my left cornea. And on top of that, the lubricating drops that they gave me had a preservative in them and it was causing the irritation. Apparently the preservative in the drops, Optive, is a mild preservative, however the more that you use them the preservative becomes compounded and furthering irritation. So the lubricating drops that I was using, to which they told me to use liberally, was actually the source of my irritation. He recommended me the Refresh drops with NO preservatives. As soon as I put those drops in I felt immensly better however my cornea still has to heal and smoothe over again. So there is about 3 more days of bad vision for me. So the preservatives were the culprit today.