• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After Nrotc or OCS

mike172

GO NAVY
Ok so say i want to be a pilot in the navy what would be the order of stuff to do after completeing OCs or NROTC does NROTC have a OCS bulldog like Marine option. I know the Marine list but what is it for Navy. What are the differences between straight up OCS and NROTC and is there a equivalent to the PLC program for Navy. Hope this makes sence.

hourocket

Bullseye
None
Um, Ill try to answer...NROTC there is nothing afterwards like the Marines, you do NROTC, get your degree and then get your commissioning. OCS you already have to have your degree and then you just goto OCS, not sure how long it is, once completed you get your commissioning. So to sum it up...NROTC goto college while interacting with the Navy/NRTOC unit...OCS goto college on your own, then goto OCS for a few weeks.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
One of the big difference with NROTC and OCS is that with OCS you can a) go restriced line (intel, supply, etc) and b) with OCS, you are gaurenteed a designator before you begin (as long as you pass the physicals, etc., at OCS). With NROTC, you could want to be a pilot or nuc, but could very well end up a SWO.

EngineGirl

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
JetJunkie said:
It is possible, however, to get an Aviation Gaurantee through Marine Option NROTC. One Marine CAPT who went to school with me did just that and is now flying F/A-18D's out of Miramar.

Pardon me, I ment through the NROTC, not the Marine option NROTC.

mike172

GO NAVY
Sorry i wasent quite clear im looking for a more detailed list. So ill give the Marine option NROTC and OCS Basically im looking for what the Navy line of schools would be.

Marine OCS-13 weeks? Marine ROTC
TBS- 6 months OCS bulldog-6 weeks
API- TBS
Primary API
bla blab bla bla bla
bla so fourth so on
ect so forth so on

So i am looking for what the 2 paths would be for navy OCS/NROTC

Sorry i apologize for being unclear and silly.....

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
here it is for P-3 pipeline.. others can chime in.

NROTC 2-4 years OR OCS 13 weeks (pensacola, fl for now)
Introductory Flight Screening (IFS) 4-8 weeks
API 6 weeks (pensacola, fl)
Primary ~6 months (milton, fl or corpus christi, tx... maybe vance or moody AFB if you're unlucky, jk)
Advanced ~6 months (corpus christi, tx)
Fleet Replacement Squadron (FRS) ~6 months (jacksonville, fl)

* there will be a anywhere from a week to a couple months off between each phase of training.

Now you're off to your fleet squadron as a natops qualified co-pilot or 3P.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't forget there are summer cruises in there for NROTC scolarship people as well. It's at least some exposure to the fleet before you get there. The OCS guys don't get that.