• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After Acceptance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyFast

After the grime app. process and getting the word that you are one of the lucky, whats next? I have not got my OCS date yet and i found out on Feb. 13th. that i was selected for SNA. Needless to say i spend about a month fighting a medical issue but i'm cleared and good to go. My recuriter says he is waiting to hear from PORT or something to that nature..but we shoud be able to enlist in a couple of days. This means enlist to OCS? Will we have to fill out paperwork? Whats next? Share your process afer acceptance so I can know what is ahead. Is there any offical mail i will get hat says i'm in? You guys get the picture, gimmie something to go on......Thanks Patrick

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm curiose too FlyFast. Wish I could help, but I haven't even filled out the app yet. Good Luck.

- Quote on being selected for an OCS spot -
"If you are chosen, you will have been chosen by Men 'who have been there and done that' and have decided that they wished to have you in Their company, there is no such medal worth as much."

kn

By "selected", did you mean you were professionally recommended for SNA? If that's the case then your kit's pending the final approval at NRC where your medical and other records are reviewed. Once it gets the approval stamp, they'll find a slot for your at OCS and perhaps that's what your recruiter meant by "enlisting at OCS". I was professionally recommended for SNFO in Jan and my kit wasn't formally approved until late in March. If everything looks good, you'll receive an acceptance letter with an OCS date. After that, a processor from your recruiting office will have you fill out and sign a stack of forms. Once everything's completed, you'll be sworn in and finally get your OCS order about a couple weeks before you report at OCS.

Hope that helps.

FlyFast

Mine took about 8 months. Thanks for the reply. I was not professionally reccomended I have been selected for SNA, but that is all I know. This is coming from my recuriter and i have not got a letter of acceptance or OCS yet. (kn) yes that helped alot....later

NuSnake

2.5 years from ASTB to my OCS date

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

nic22

Is 2.5 years a typical time frame? That just seems like a long time, I wish I could go back and start this process while I was in college. After you submitted your application, how long did it take for you to get accepted and then get an OCS date?

kn

FlyFast:
You're probably in the same boat as I was, i.e. your kit's just sitting on someone's desk at NRC pending the final approval and maybe that's why you haven't received the acceptance letter yet. You can ask your recruiter to contact NRC to check on its status for you.

nic22:
Depending on your choices of designators and their availability, I'd say on the average it now takes 3-6 months to get an answer from NRC. You get an OCS date when you're accepted.

jaznups

nic22,

Just to let you know BDCPUAH is talking about 2.5 years b/c he was accepted while he was still in college and went into the Navy's BDCP program. Just to help clarify...

Jaz

Clarity comes when the confusion is gone.

NuSnake

yeah...my bad man

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
--Edmund Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.