• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

After 4 Years, 11 Months, 3 Weeks and 3 Days

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kilohana!Helu `ekahi!

GOOD JOB, BRUDDAH!:)

5 years .... wow. That's one of those horrible "historic" furloughs we've heard about ... like in the ol' days.

Lanakila!

I'm finally back!

hal717mm5.jpg

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Wow, thats quite the landing flare.........

They fly AOA langings.

Serious question for HAL Pilot: Did you actually think you would ever get picked back up after that long? My knowledge about the furlough process in the airlines is close to nil, so I have no idea.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
They fly AOA langings.

Serious question for HAL Pilot: Did you actually think you would ever get picked back up after that long? My knowledge about the furlough process in the airlines is close to nil, so I have no idea.

You're not actually released from employment. You maintain your seniority number (provided you don't move somewhere else). You just don't go to work/get paid/etc.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Congrats, HAL! Don't pull up the rope behind you.

Do many/most people furloughed that long actually come back, or just move on? That's some serious patience.

3P4Life

Local JOPA Union Rep
Glad to see things are turning around and that HAL is getting healthy again. Let's cross our fingers for the other 16 still on furlough that they will get the call again soon. Think HAL will be hiring this summer?

Congrats again.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Congrats, HAL. Hopefully, the cocktails have gotten better now too!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Congrats HAL.... is it going to be hard to leave Vegas?
I'm commuting between the two. Need to keep a place in Vegas for my kid visitation weekends during the school year.
Glad to see things are turning around and that HAL is getting healthy again. Let's cross our fingers for the other 16 still on furlough that they will get the call again soon. Think HAL will be hiring this summer?
Actually they hit the bottom of the list on this recall and had to force recall some who bypassed. After age 65, they cancelled the forced recalls and offered LOAs to ensure no one got re-furloughed. Everyone who wnated to come back at this time is coming back. Those left on furlough/LOA wanted to remain there for a while. Some to finish training contracts at other places and a couple because they wanted a different base or aircraft then offered. There are rumors of hiring sometime in 2008 but I think it will be toward the end of the year if it happens. Who knows? We're in contract negoiations and are getting the standard "if you want expansion, you need to not ask for more in your contract" routine.