• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AFROTC to USNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAPSmom05

As a mother, I would totally agree with the idea of NOT letting a girlfriend (or boyfriend) influence your decisions. But, Integer, the line "There are no ifs..." I think that's too black and white. I think that you kids need to really think about all of your opportunities and weigh the pros and cons. I have already seen many kids at the NAPS indoctrination totally joyless; and most were totally gung-ho and sure of themselves and their decision. They are already turning the corner, but I think you have to look at all aspects of your life and what you want to be (or at least what you think you want to be) and then make a decision. A person who looks at all aspects of opportunities instead of blindly being beholden to the academies isn't being realistic in my opinion.
Anyway, keep your course and TRY not to let outside sources sway your commitment; whatever they might be.
NAPS05mom

Integer1

Banned
I didn't mean graduating/marriage/etc. I meant the admissions process. Ace said IF he gets into the USNA, then... And I am saying, it's not an IF but a choice.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Phantom Hawk said:
Id say its a pretty big IF for anyone applying to the Academy. Noones guaranteed an appointment integer

But every once in a while, a Preappointee comes along...

NAPSmom05

Oh, Integer, I knew what you meant. My (long-winded) point was that life isn't always so black and white (either you want it or you don't). People that are competitive for the academies are also competitive for many other opportunities. You can't possibly KNOW for sure what you will do until it is offered to you. That was all.
NAPS05Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.