• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AFROTC to USNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting question. Even though I'm already processed for AFROTC, if I (in theory) reapplied to the USNA, would they take one look at my app and laugh, or would they give it the same consideration? Just curious. You know, in case I hate AFROTC for whatever reason.

Thanks.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I have a friend who did AFROTC for a year at college and reapplied to USNA. His school didn't have NROTC so I suppose he did the next best thing. I also know someone else who got an appointment to the coast guard academy while enrolled in Army ROTC in college (his school only had army and air force). If your school has an NROTC unit and you're doing Air Farce, I don't know if the admissions board would look at you any differently. I think by doing ROTC in college you are showing some initiative and showing that you desire to become an officer, not that you just wanted to go to a service academy. Remember that the most important thing you can do to strengthen your application is to make good grades your first semester at college.

I'd say you should start reapplying now so you won't be behind in the process later on. You can always close your application to USNA if you like the college/ROTC route better. It's always good to have that option instead of thinking "what if.....".

Integer1

Banned
Good luck AA.

::Waits for people from other commissioning sources to jump into the conversation and remind us Academy hopefuls that they exist but are not Academy grads, and how that is okay and even better than the Academy path. No matter what you yourself want :) :: hehe

I dunno, I think I might miss my girlfriend too much if I went to an academy, but I wanted to see if the door was still open. Let's see how everyhting goes next year.

Good luck everyone.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
Point of Information: virtually no high school relationships last through college. I wouldn't let women factor too much in your decisions at this stage in life.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
yeah dont let a women influence you at this point. my local rep for the USMMA pushed really hard to get a guy in last year, i mean last minute deal, the guy got up there and wouldnt sign the papers as a requirement to join the USNR, he also left for his GF.... dropping out for crap like that puts you in a bad light not to mention all the ppl that supported you going there.

I hear what you're saying. I'm trying to decide if I should take the time to jump through all the hoops again, because next year, time will be very valuable. I'll either go all the way (the interviews, etc.) and accept an appointment if I get in, or I won't even start the pre-can questionaire. Thanks for the help though.

penderwt

yut king
my best friend is a youngster at USNA, and his girlfriend is at Miami of Ohio with me. If anything, this test of their relationship has only strengthened it. If it's meant to be, it will be regardless of whether you go to the academy or not. She is, however, pushing him to go navy as opposed to following his life-long dream of becoming a marine officer, which i an't such a fan of, but oh well. don't let the females influence your decision unless you have a serious commitment (engagement, close to it, etc.).

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Be patient

penderwt said:
my best friend is a youngster at USNA, and his girlfriend is at Miami of Ohio with me. If anything, this test of their relationship has only strengthened it. If it's meant to be, it will be regardless of whether you go to the academy or not. She is, however, pushing him to go navy as opposed to following his life-long dream of becoming a marine officer, which i an't such a fan of, but oh well. don't let the females influence your decision unless you have a serious commitment (engagement, close to it, etc.).
You took the words out of my mouth.

Again if it's meant to be, you two will be together forever. Right now focus on your dreams.

I had a HS buddy that got together with his gf in their sophomore year of HS (1989). When they graduated, he went to New Mexico Military Institute and she went to a school in San Diego, CA.

Make a long story short, ten years later (1999) he was a Captain in the Army and saying his wedding vows to the same woman from HS. They knew what they had to do in life and decided from there to study first and see where their relationship took them. They waited and it paid off.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement, it is helping me. Of course, if I got into USNA I probably wouldn't have the guts to turn it down ;) .

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
E-mail me if you have any questions regarding USNA.
Here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.